• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNRagingstrike

Icon created for forgotten_warlord and his project "titans of archia".
For the spell "Raging strike" in his warrior tech tree.

Updates:
-Tried to improve it with the suggestions NFWar gave me.

Credit me if you use it in a map.
Don't edit my icons without my permission.
Feedback is appreciated. I'm Still learning.

Keywords:
Deep inside Pyra is one good fella', raging, barbarian, warrior, titans, archia, map, project, strike, axe, sword, edge, sharp, hatchet, fire, blood,
Contents

BTNRagingstrike (Icon)

Reviews
10:14, 6th Dec 2010 Pyramidhe@d: Useful
The shading is a bit wrong and weak. Axe could use some zoom in. I will explain soon...

So, here we are:

-Your light source (that shine up the axe) should be somewhere from above, but that is no shadows that can define it.
-The sharpen part is too smooth. You need to define it.
-Some small details on axe like scratches or cracks (place them in reasonable places :p) wouldnt hurt. It is not big necezery.
-Since you have glow, use colour from it to draw on axe. It will confirm that axe is a part of all icon.
-Sharp part cant be just plain and one color. Look on blizzard axes. That is some shading on blades. Try to make something like this.

I diddnt worked with uper part. Anyway, I gues you will see what thing are not right. I gues... some tutorial about "how to create an axe" could be usefull... people like slashez :D

Sugestion: use brushes with 100% headress while drawing weapons to define shape and details.

Attachments

• Ragingstrike2.jpg
    Ragingstrike2.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 206
Last edited: