• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNPaladinABIEvilInside

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
I made an ability icon for the in-game model "Paladin"

Keywords:
paladin, rage, arthas, warrior, red, wrath, anger, angry, evil, inside
Contents

BTNPaladinABIEvilInside (Icon)

Reviews
12:28, 24th Apr 2015 Apheraz Lucent: About the face, first, the nose has too thick outlines, resulting in it appearing detached from the face. If you wanted to make an angry look, you could add some wrinkles on the forehead, just that one doesn't do...

M

12:28, 24th Apr 2015
Apheraz Lucent: About the face, first, the nose has too thick outlines, resulting in it appearing detached from the face. If you wanted to make an angry look, you could add some wrinkles on the forehead, just that one doesn't do much for facial expression or overall feeling of emotion for the character. Also, there's the same problem with outlines on the hair and face part, where the hear is too much secluded from the face and therefore does not look natural. Also, the beard and hair colors should match.

To be honest, I'd rather have you redraw entire icon instead of trying to fix things up, because the idea is great, but you tried to execute it in a way that even experienced people would have troubles making it look effective and artistically right.

I don't really quite grasp the face's texture.
It looks as if it's unfinished and ragged as hell, you should add better highlights and shading to it.

I'll also bitch about that hair (yeah I like to be picky on that ;p), needs more work overall.

On top of that I also think that the eye glow should be lessen down a bit, for me it seems too strong (each with his preferences I suppose :D).

Good icon though ;)