• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNNagaMend

Icon requested by Darklycan51 for his Azeroth Wars map.
Be sure to check it out when it comes out!!!

Version 1:
209078-albums5763-picture71039.png

209078-albums5763-picture71040.png

No credits please!
Edit it if you want!

Btw, BD, I experimented a bit with that glow effect, I think it turned out quite well. Without liquifying it though cuz it looks weird with my comp :D and it lags too much.

Keywords:
Naga, Water, Watery, Mend, Heal, Resurrect, Wound, Wounded, Blood, Ocean, Sea, Deep, Depth.
Contents

BTNNagaMend (Icon)

Reviews
04:00, 24th Jul 2013 enjoy: Can you define it more? If you give it a hard shading at the edge, and then around it, you add a really thing light blue line that blends outward, but really thin! I would make an example for you, but I don't have...

M

04:00, 24th Jul 2013
enjoy: Can you define it more? If you give it a hard shading at the edge, and then around it, you add a really thing light blue line that blends outward, but really thin! I would make an example for you, but I don't have photoshop on this computer. Bummer. :( It actually already looks like it is lighter around the hand, but a bit more.
I guess what I am asking is sharpen it up and up the saturation a bit! :)

14:07, 3rd Sep 2013
enjoy: A shame that you didn't improve this. It could have been great. No changes made, but might be useful.

Level 30
The icon is really obscure or should we say, I cant understand what that. It doesnt resemble a Naga to me, maybe give a bigger image so everyone here can see what this is because in my case, I cant understand what is this.

Level 28
Oh. Iamtherper, I didn't notice that sry xD ah. Actually. this was supposed to be a naga tail but I added too many stuff I guess. + the bandages don't look like bandages... okay I'll remake it.

But let me explain what it is:
it's a naga tail underwater. 2 algae on the right and left side. Bubbles to represent underwater. Damaged naga tail (blood). + Bandages around it. lycan wanted me to make a Naga Heal Underwater.. Well, I don't have many ideas of how that might look like so I decided to make it like the Mend Pet ability from WoW. But.. if anyone has better ideas I would gladly accept them :cgrin:

I'll try to edit this though.

Roland

R

Roland

Such a Very nice icon, the Shading is terrific and the colors are outstanding!

I'll rate it 30/30+ 500

morbent said:
Btw, BD, I experimented a bit with that glow effect, I think it turned out quite well. Without liquifying it though cuz it looks weird with my comp :D and it lags too much.
Ah, I see. That's such a damn shame, liquifying stuff results in pwetty effects. :V

Your icons are still rather undefined, because your large feature many sketchy lines.
That's totally fine for concepts etc, but you should improve definition of your submissions.
Yeah, I know you don't want to spend eternity on stuff (and frankly, so does CRAZYRUSSIAN), but it's worth it. ;)

Level 28
Heh, yeah :D But Crazyrussian does his detail well :\ defined and all.
It's not only the time though. At times I really don't know how to fix a specific thing - make it more detailed. For example, we have a.. a sheet. How do I add detail to a sheet of paper? If it isn't in any perspective, etc. --> it has no light, it has no places to add different color to. I can add a texture of course. But.. does a sheet of paper have such a defined texture? Like a stone? no. So .. how do I add the detail? There are other weird cases in which, the blurry thing looks better than the defined one o_O So how do I make the detailed one be better than the one I had before? Details are.. goddamn hard to make :D

I guess it's the fact that I can't make clear lines yet, that stops me from making detail... they would fix everything. The form will have good outlines and it would look good :|

Level 28
Me too.

But I decided that, well.. urgh, this is a ... tiny little detail that we can skip ;D
At first I wanted to make a wound (hole) into the thumb fin, but then I thought "who would care anyways, with the hole it would look stupid!" and if I put the wraps someplace else, it would look stupid again :cgrin:

so. Better be "fuck logic" than "fugly shit" ;D not that it isn't ugly now...