• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNMove

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz

Move Command

Created by x-omg-x

This is my second icon. I hope its decent enought.
As i realised that my other icon sucked like hell, i deleted it and started working on a new one.
Im new here in the icon section, so advices and feedback would be great.
Critism is fine but please make it constructive.
Give credits if used in your map/campaign.
Do not distribute this to any other sites.
Enjoy!

Keywords:
move, command, button, x-omg-x, icon, commandbutton, follow, walk, go, run, target, second
Contents

BTNMove (Icon)

Reviews
00:33, 9th Dec 2009 Pyramidhe@d: Any real reason why the icon should be black and white? And make the the shape more definite. If you want to make a straight line, make them straight. If you want to make a curved line, make it perfectly smoothly...

M

00:33, 9th Dec 2009
Pyramidhe@d: Any real reason why the icon should be black and white? And make the the shape more definite. If you want to make a straight line, make them straight. If you want to make a curved line, make it perfectly smoothly curved. Don't give a half hearted attempt of a line/squiggle.
Also, don't spam categories.

enjoy: No changes made.

Level 11
i don't like this 2/5 :(

Why not?
Constructive criticism plox. ;)

Anyhow, X-Omg-X...
It's a tad simple (yes, I do realise it is supposed to be. Move icon, after all). For starting out, I would recommend you made something else than a move button. Something less plain. I think that you would learn a lot more from making (and then improving) an icon depicting something (else than an arrow, anyways). Make an item icon, some sort of object, with more interesting shapes and details, so you really get to practice your shading/highlighting. And by the way, colours aren't illegal, you know :wink:

As for this icon, I would give it a 2/5. It's a move icon, but it doesn't really look great. If you want to change the command buttons, you'd do it for one (or eventually more) out of three reasons:
1. You're making a map with an interely different theme than Warcraft III itself, so you need something to match your theme (and eventually your custom U.I, since you'd probably be using one of those as well if your theme really is that different)
2. You don't think Blizzard's red arrow-like command buttons fit Warcraft III, and you want to swap 'em out.
3. You think Blizzard's command buttons look like crap, and you want something better.

Now, I really don't see how useful this move command button is. It's just... All black, right?
And it really doesn't look any better than Blizzard's own command buttons. (My honest opinion says so, at least)
You should make it something more special. Either make a special themed Move icon, or improve this a hella lot, so that it's better than Blizzard's own.

Just read tutorials (there are some here at THW. I'd like to link some, but I cba right now), look at other icons, and work till perfection with some few icons rather than mass-producing a lot of mediocre ones. Another way to learn is to try to mimic some of Blizzard's icons. Or other people's icons. One of the best ways to learn is to mimic other's masterworks.

And I'm sorry if my critique of your icon seemed harsh and unsensitive. It's nothing personal. Just trying to help :)
With practice, I bet you could make some smashin' icons some time! :D

Last edited: