• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNMagicStaff

Name says it all. Please give credits. Have fun.

Update: Added additional "shine" to the gem. Trimmed up the edges and stuff that was bothering me that I had forgotten to take care of.

Update: Added a "glow" to it, I think everyone was right. It looks a lot better.

Update: Changed the glow to teal for a more diverse color scheme.

Update: Fixed everything moderation requested. Added more detail to the wood, improved highlights.

Keywords:
Magic, Magical, Staff, Power, Gem
Contents

BTNMagicStaff (Icon)

Reviews
10:22, 1st Aug 2009 zombie2279: Quite good. The gem needs better reflection effects and the golden part of the handle could use more highlights. I'd be happy with some decoration to handle overall. 8:31, 4th Aug 2009 zombie2279: Not exactly what...

M

10:22, 1st Aug 2009
zombie2279: Quite good. The gem needs better reflection effects and the golden part of the handle could use more highlights. I'd be happy with some decoration to handle overall.

8:31, 4th Aug 2009
zombie2279: Not exactly what I imagined, but I guess it can be useful.

Level 11
Hey, thanks for the feedback. I was scratchin' my head over whether I put enough shine on the gem. Guess not, so I'll work on that.

Also, about the special effect thing, Usually blizzard icons don't have backgrounds or other special effects. Isn't that more for ability icons? I'll have to see what other people say.

Last edited:

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Well blizzard does that yes, but what i meant was add like a glow behind the staff or add some in the black area too fill the icon up instead of the plain staff. Also just adjust the shine a bit and if your trying to make the gem see-through then that would help alot, but if you are not then keep it as it is.

Level 11
Y'know, I've decided against adding a glow because when I was making this one I specifically had in mind what I wanted it to look like, cause this icon is custom made for a map I just started. And since I'm working on so many other icons right now, I don't have the time to come back and put the effort into making a good glow for this one. Maybe after I'm finished putting a couple more icons out I'll come back to this one and make an alternate version with a sweet glow.