• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNmagicbeast

Well thats it finaly...
kinda powered out now... 4 icons a day is a bit hard.
i hope you like it, and got any use for it. if requested i could may do a different outlining.
I think im gonna use this icon for my map - Warhammer 3rd Storm of Chaos
for the hero called beastman. maby.

plz give credits and critique

Keywords:
Warhammer, beast, red glow, animal, beastman, beastmen, rage, fury
Contents

BTNmagicbeast (Icon)

Reviews
13:14, 15th Jul 2009 zombie2279: A well-crafted piece of artwork.

M

13:14, 15th Jul 2009
zombie2279: A well-crafted piece of artwork.

Level 9
and here some high rezz pics of that:
btw i think i kinda focused too much on that too look also good in high rezz XD

Attachments

• 6.psd
    761 KB · Views: 115
  • 13.psd
    696.4 KB · Views: 107
  • 18.psd
    814.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    412.3 KB · Views: 144
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 128
  • 33.psd
    1.5 MB · Views: 116
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 118
  • 25.psd
    2 MB · Views: 102
  • 37.jpg
    37.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Review,
------------------------------------
1:Quite good again, but the detail is lacking add some blood from the mouth or eyes.
2:Looks a bit pale maybe clear it all up a bit.
3:The bottom neck of the beast seems to be gone (the random black area) fix that to show his neck.

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
(Anyways, 5/5 +cookies :D)
AbstractCreativity, dont ask for Rep/Cookies, you earn it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway,
Review,
1:Quite good again, but the detail is lacking add some blood from the mouth or eyes.(DONE)
2:Looks a bit pale maybe clear it all up a bit.(DONE)
3:The bottom neck of the beast seems to be gone (the random black area) fix that to show his neck.(NOT USED)

Nice improvements, might have to clear up some details but very nice.

Level 9
nanana you have no idea, i had before a red glow and i was realy lacking contrast, and then i had the idea to make that blue + red glow, and in my mind it looks much better now, but if you whant i can post some diffrent glows.

and yeah in high rezz it looks better then in low rezz... i realy focused on the high rezz. but in the end i couldnt do anything about it.

and btw: if you are ment to be a great artist, you should know the nice effect a descent placed contrast has.

Level 36
nanana you have no idea, i had before a red glow and i was realy lacking contrast, and then i had the idea to make that blue + red glow, and in my mind it looks much better now, but if you whant i can post some diffrent glows.

and yeah in high rezz it looks better then in low rezz... i realy focused on the high rezz. but in the end i couldnt do anything about it.

and btw: if you are ment to be a great artist, you should know the nice effect a descent placed contrast has.

But the problem with this is that it isn't decent contrast. You should try adding more green to the blue.

Furthermore, I forgot to point this out in my above post: It's very flat. I'm not sure if it's the beast drawing that makes it look flat, or the glow that makes it look flat, but either way, it looks flat. You should experiment with shading and lighting and perhaps making the glow look less like a background behind a 2D image and more like an actual glow.