• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNLog

Reactions: deepstrasz
Log...
Enjoy! :)

Contents

BTNLog (Icon)

Reviews
Maxwell
Changes made and I like how it looks now. Approved Tho I can recomend you to add some backlight to make log a little bit more contrasted from the back. ALWAYS CHECK YOUR ICONS FOR:Suitable NameProper TagsIncluded Keywords All this together will...
Level 22
Changes made and I like how it looks now.
Approved

Tho I can recomend you to add some backlight to make log a little bit more contrasted from the back.

ALWAYS CHECK YOUR ICONS FOR:
Suitable NameProper TagsIncluded Keywords
All this together will help your Icon to be approved,
useful and easy searchable.

Last edited:
Level 22
This is a pretty cool looking icon, I like the style and coloring of it.

However, I think there are some issues with some details, like I'm not sure if the tree is supposed to look like it's almost splitting? Or is that just because you overly defined some texturing lines to the point they seem to be separating from the main piece of trunk.
Well I'm having a issue explaining it so I did a quick edit:
94ZuydP.png

Otherwise, it's really cool and seems blizz-like to me.

I don't quite understand this, is it just a log as a gift or.
I will fix the names.
Please watch where you place those blue highlights some parts do not need it.
Those blue rim lights are coming from different lightsources, I put them every where it needed more definition, helping them have more volume.

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
I will fix the names.

Those blue rim lights are coming from different lightsources, I put them every where it needed more definition, helping them have more volume.

I understand but findout where the light source is coming from either from the bottom or the top and put the highlights where they need to be is all im trying to say here.

I understand but findout where the light source is coming from either from the bottom or the top and put the highlights where they need to be is all im trying to say here.
Man I don't wanna bother you but I have applied both top and bottom light effects, not just one of them. With this in mind, is there any issue with having multiple lightsources?

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Man I don't wanna bother you but I have applied both top and bottom light effects, not just one of them. With this in mind, is there any issue with having multiple lightsources?

There is no issue but sometimes it makes everything look out of proportion like this for example. That is not icons but it shows light sources and such. Also, the light blue you chose may seem a bit too contrasted, maybe a light blue that's slightly visible and not so contrasted but its still noticeable and does the trick.