• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNLandscape

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
I haven't done a good icon in a long time and my skills in photoshop and GIMP have vastly improved over the years, so here's a nice little bumpmapped Landscape. It's all freehand with some small blurs and a light source.

Keywords:
Landscape, Nature, Far, Sight, Sun, Light, Grass, River, Mountain, Scape, View, Range
Contents

BTNLandscape (Icon)

Reviews
14:18, 19th Jun 2013 enjoy: All your work has this weird shading that makes it look like a picture with that photoshop filter that makes thing 3D, where it makes the dark points low.. It is rather odd. Your work overall looks rather flat, so you...

M

14:18, 19th Jun 2013
enjoy: All your work has this weird shading that makes it look like a picture with that photoshop filter that makes thing 3D, where it makes the dark points low.. It is rather odd. Your work overall looks rather flat, so you should study tutorials and reference images.
Also, you need to think about how useful the icon it. Also, you need to study highlights and shading.

A great site to look for tutorials is www.deviantart.com
You can searh for tutorials there.

Level 10
Because there are not many other icons in this particular hand-drawn style, I'd have a hard time seeing the use of this. Maybe if more icons in the same style were uploaded as a pack it'd have some value in particular situations.

I am not a fan of the attitude of simply dismissing this sort of unusual resource without further analysis.

As it stands this might simply be too off the typical WarCraft III icon style and colour palette though.

Level 18
It's a simple and good looking paining, but it definately does not fit Warcraft. At all.

I didn't categorize it as WarCraft, though. It's open for any use, there are lots of icons on here that are usable for mods and the such, this was a quick sketch that I messed around with.

Because there are not many other icons in this particular hand-drawn style, I'd have a hard time seeing the use of this. Maybe if more icons in the same style were uploaded as a pack it'd have some value in particular situations.

I am not a fan of the attitude of simply dismissing this sort of unusual resource without further analysis.

As it stands this might simply be too off the typical WarCraft III icon style and colour palette though.

Thanks for the critique, though, I'll be messing with styles as I'm out of High School

Moy

Moy

Level 49
Review
PointsExplanation
- 2 It's not warcraft-ish. This is warcraft not Cartooncraft (not being bad). Improve some of your future icons with a little bit contrast.

[TD] - 1 [/TD][td] It looks like plastic with a painting on it.[/td]

[TD] + 1 [/TD][td] It is freehanded..[/td] [/tr]
[/tr]

Overall3/5Keep up the good work, but make sure when you post another icon, see to it on what you think of your icon if it is good or bad. So that, good comments will arrive for your icon.

*Dont be offended by this. This is just a review for your icon : ) .