• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNKnightofBlazingSun

Icon for Knight of Blazing Sun made by HerrDave, can be used for both dismounted and mounted.
Contents

BTNKnightofBlazingSun (Icon)

Reviews
The Panda
Changes made, approved

San

San

Level 32
The transition between the helmet and the shadow is unnatural, consider smoothing them up abit, it'll look better in icon size.
I'd add some light-blue to the feathers so they won't feel lonely staying behind.
You also forgot to shade the golden line part, I thought it was some kind of mustache on first sight. Dark-orange works fine when shading gold stuff.
My rough example:
upload_2018-3-11_2-20-58.png

Level 17
The transition between the helmet and the shadow is unnatural, consider smoothing them up abit, it'll look better in icon size.
I'd add some light-blue to the feathers so they won't feel lonely staying behind.
You also forgot to shade the golden line part, I thought it was some kind of mustache on first sight. Dark-orange works fine when shading gold stuff.
My rough example:
View attachment 293744
Appreciate for the feedback.
Some changes:
knight of blazing sun prev.jpg
>>>
knight of blazing sun.jpg

Previous:
full

New:
knight of blazing sun improve.jpg

Last edited:

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
I kinda don't understand that blue leaf on the top of the helmet, i would either add more gold parts in that area or just remove it completly because i don't see the use there. Also, when you resize it down the leafs don't really look like leafs anymore, just a blue shape. It would be nice if you added ribets towards the armor, so it looks like its connected together. Like this.

42-53461370.jpg

Level 50
The visor should be edited, icon would benefit in overall. And by that I mean editing the dark line on his helmet. Both edges of the line lean downwards too much, instead you could make them either in horizontal line or invert the curve so the edges are placed higher from the middle part.