• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNImpale

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
This is my first icon! Hurray! I only spent about 20 minutes or so on this icon, but it is still somewhat okay in my opinion, and hopefully useful to others, I made this for a spell I'm using in my own map, so it is ready for me to make any adjustments to it that people advise. If you think it sucks, tell me, but don't be mean about it please. This icon is designed to fit a single target spell with a spike coming out of the ground under the target's origin.

Keywords:
impale, spike, spell.
Contents

BTNImpale (Icon)

Reviews
10:56, 25th Oct 2009 Pyramidhe@d: it really doesnt look like anything. because of that cracked pattern you put on everything, the spike blends with the ground. and make the spike more noticeable

M

10:56, 25th Oct 2009
Pyramidhe@d: it really doesnt look like anything. because of that cracked pattern you put on everything, the spike blends with the ground. and make the spike more noticeable

Level 16
I'm having a difficult time understanding what is being impaled. I know you stated what it was, but it's still difficult to distinguish what it is. The icon as a whole lacks depth, and further definition could be used. I'd like to see the big version, before saying anything more.

~Snap

this isnt for the normal impale ability its for a custom spell that i wont bother uploading as it is basically for any spell such as storm hammer except with a spike coming out on the target, or an ability such as pulverize except, again, a spike coming out on the target.
oh and as i sed i cant get to photobucket on this computer ill upload them later. also this icon is going to go through significant changes and the quality will be improved so just wait and tell me about the basic idea and expect higher quality adjustments to be applied later (such as if i dont finish it today i gotta w8 till i get back to here 2 weeks later to work on it at all)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 23
this isnt for the normal impale ability its for a custom spell that i wont bother uploading as it is basically for any spell such as storm hammer except with a spike coming out on the target, or an ability such as pulverize except, again, a spike coming out on the target.
oh and as i sed i cant get to photobucket on this computer ill upload them later. also this icon is going to go through significant changes and the quality will be improved so just wait and tell me about the basic idea and expect higher quality adjustments to be applied later (such as if i dont finish it today i gotta w8 till i get back to here 2 weeks later to work on it at all)

I am giving you 1 week to change it, and then I will reject it to updated. Then people will have time to give you their opinions. But I already explained to you, that you can upload it on www.tinypic.com, it's the exact same thing as photobucket, you just don't need to make a profile, so upload the WIP for me there, cause I need prove that you made this icon.

My opinion now. You made it like a church window or something, and thats probably the reason it's hard to see. As from what I can see, nothing is getting impaled, just a spike, shooting up from the ground. Then it looks like you made random blood or gas in pink, on top of the spike. I don't like the church style, and it doesn't really fit warcraft style, but well. It also lacks highlights and needs stronger shading.

Last edited:
no i dont have a week as i sed i wont b back for 2 weeks i cant work on it otherwise... also there is nothing being impaled in ANY of the impale icons; why should this one show what is being impaled? i will work on making the spike more noticable, and yeah i see what ur trying to say about the church stuff, lol...the black lines are supposed to be cracks; both the spike and ground are cracked up like hell. i guess ill change the spike into some sort of blade without cracks or something to make it more noticable, OR ill mess around with contrast and such.

Last edited by a moderator: