• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNIcicles

Icicles or ice spikes. Can be used for these models or for the spells using them: Icicle, IceSpike, or for anything else you want.
Please give credit if you use this.
Previews
Contents

BTNIcicles (Icon)

Level 15
I have an additional, ruggeder, version.

Screenshot_11.png

Edit: Here's the big picture of the smoother icon version:

Iciclesssss.jpg

Edit 2 (August 1st 2016): Put the big picture in the hidden tags, added the big picture to the icon post, and updated the icon by changing some settings in the Button Manager, so it doesn't ruin the icon.

Last edited:
Level 6
Tbh I think your ruggeder version looks more realistic. Icicles don't always look perfectly smooth. they have bobbles and wobbles.
(real icicles have curves!)

But the smooth icon is easier to recognize, so I'd keep it at that :)

Level 6
Ah, yea I can see it beter now. Looks fuckin fabulous. I like how you applied the shadows and lightning effects, I could learn a lot from you!
The minor curves aren't really that visible though on the smaller version, but on the larger picture I get what you were trying to make.

I think more obvious bobbles would look more realistic, but W3 isn't about making everything more realistic, so it's perfect the way it is.