1. Are you planning to upload your awesome icon to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 8, 2018: The rules for the Icon Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

BTNHatred

Submitted by Godslayer
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
I made this icon for my map called Warhammer 3rd Storm of Chaos.
It was ment to be an icon for a passive ability for a dwarfen warrior. @ Warhammer dwarfes have a big book were all crimes against their race are written down.
So the dwarf tells his allies allies what every enemy has done to his race, so that his allies may fight them with hatred.

I dont care what you use this icon for, but it would be nice if you give credits.

Update: improved the lighning glow

Update: icon works now ingame :D

Keywords:
Dwarf, Warhammer, Book, Hatred, Damaz Kron
Contents

BTNHatred (Icon)

Reviews
13:16, 15th Jul 2009 zombie2279: Add some further shading to the hand on the right side, it looks really plain this way. The rest is awesome. 9:41, 18th Jul 2009 zombie2279: Still plain, but it's definitely satisfactory quality.
  1. 13:16, 15th Jul 2009
    zombie2279: Add some further shading to the hand on the right side, it looks really plain this way. The rest is awesome.

9:41, 18th Jul 2009
    zombie2279: Still plain, but it's definitely satisfactory quality.

2. PsychoNerdial

PsychoNerdial

Resources:
    Resources:
    HAAAX! (Random youtube stuff)
    It almost made me Lol, it looks really funny^^
    Really good job tho, +rep

3. Dmazzz

Dmazzz

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    This is extremely good, plz post wips.

4. Godslayer

Godslayer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    wow thx :D
    but ... what is "wips"?
    this is my first icon you know...

5. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Work in progress screenshots used to provide that you are the creator of this icon. Please submit some. A .psd or .xcf file will also do the trick.

6. Godslayer

Godslayer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    ok, uploaded some high rezz versions:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. Reaper2008

Reaper2008

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
  8. X.e.r.e.X

X.e.r.e.X

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Lightning brush much? :p

9. Godslayer

Godslayer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    no just an alpha i overlayed to make the afterlight a bit more electrical and the bracers look a bit more used (and to easylie create some veins on the hands, i was to lazy to draw by hand)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  10. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    The white outlines are really damn suspicious. Do you have any more work in progress screenshots perhaps?

11. Godslayer

Godslayer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    hope this is now enough for you guys... if u dont believe i did that, look @ the other icons i made...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  12. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    You didn't even use any layers when detailing the object. It's pretty much a straight give-away. About the rest, uploading more icons doesn't prove that you are a "great artist". They could be stolen aswell if that proves to be the present case.

[​IMG]

Too obvious.

13. Godslayer

Godslayer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    dude... you are realy anoying...
    what else shall i do...
    and why the fuck should i use more layers then i need? btw if u didnt get it there is no "white border" on the layer... if u dont believe i am a great artist watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE51TLtmYzk
    man... i realy would draw this icon again for you (because i h8 it when u do something bad people say you are shit, but if you do something good they say you have stolen it) ... if i wouldnt need the time create more icons

and finaly only for you i uploadet that GREAT art i made... if dont accept it now i go crazy or so...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    and just to mention that those pics are in real 3-10 cm ... (should be 1.5-4 inchs)

14. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Drop that tone at once. It is my job to sort out stolen material and believe me, it takes me two clicks to get it all gone permanently. Show some freakin' respect please.

99% of users whose first submission is of that quality usually turns out to be a thief. That simple fact calls for a major suspicion. I'm really glad you like linking your videos, but I must say, that's barely enough proof for genuine material. You also committed a few very suspicious mistakes, the white borders, for example are to be seen on most stolen material. Also, being a good modeler doesn't necessarily make a good icon artist and damn it, that icon is not even approvable according to the submission rules, even if you made that model, since an icon has to be freehand, not a screenshot.

No, I'm not saying you stole anything. Despite that, in light of the facts pointed out above, you have to prove the contrary.

EDIT: Also note that paper art != computer art and anyway, what the hell is Layer 3 for? I mean, you didn't use layering at all and there are two ones made for the custom lightning brush.

15. Godslayer

Godslayer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    ok man, i understand your just doing your job... and perhaps your doing it good., but you know what... i dont give a ****. remove it and i will never ever upload any of the stuff i create again... and sry these are my first icons, i couldnt know you are suspending everyone as a thief. btw the white borders are there because as you may saw from that layers i cut that out from the background...

and i know screencaps are not allowed, but i thought because i made that model and i also addet some handdrawn detail, that would be ok...

and at last... this vid doesnt proove i am good @ doing icons, but it prooves that i am a great artist doesnt it? and i said nothing else... out of good artist--->reading tutorials @ hive--->good icons

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  16. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Don't take off your icons if they are indeed yours. I understand this must be an unpleasant experience for you, but such things have to be done. I will debate this issue with a fellow moderator. Until then, fulfilling the thing we talked about in PMs might really support your case.

17. bigapple90

bigapple90

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    he uses zbrush, i think hes legit ;)

18. Slaydon

Slaydon

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hidden tags please!, Nice icon.

19. Jimnaboo

Jimnaboo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lolz^8; +rep

Anyway, I like the icon overall. My only suggestions would be
    1. Make the outline on the hands less noticeable (more peach - less black)
    2. Lighten up the very middle and edges of the book.
    3. Increase the size of the glow at the top and to the right in order to even out.

I think that together, these should add definition and make it fit in with other Wc3 icons.
    For now: :infl_thumbs_up::infl_thumbs_up::infl_thumbs_up: :witch_doc_sad: :witch_doc_sad: (3/5)