• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNFireStaff

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Jaret
i staff with fire in the end of it - ofcause for safty it has metal to protect the wood from the heat.

Keywords:
staff, fire, flame, wand, HoN, pyromancer, spell, caster, pyro, log, wood, element, recipe, combination, metal, lumber, iron.
Contents

BTNFireStaff (Icon)

Reviews
10:30, 29th Sep 2010 Pyramidhe@d: Looks like a blob of undefined mass. Clean up the image, define your objects with definite shading and etc.

M

10:30, 29th Sep 2010
Pyramidhe@d: Looks like a blob of undefined mass. Clean up the image, define your objects with definite shading and etc.

Level 11
Icon Review

Idea7/10

Freehand
8/10

Background
10/10

Shading
7/10

Ligthning
7/10

Total:
39/50
3.9/5

Recommended

The light comes from inside the metallic part, then there should illuminate the side that is facing us.
The background is great but the colors could be modified. Overall nice work.

Level 7
Well, i don't know, but it is just... I don't know. It doesn't look much like fire, because the top of the fire's wider than the bottom, which is really... unrealistic. It's actually very easy to do fire. It should be narrow at the top, at the bottom it should be wide.

Level 10
Ok, so:
1. The fire does look like fire, but well... not behave like one. Well, fire goes from yellow to red, and you did that, but while the fire's going up, it's size shrinks. It's pretty much like a pyramid. To the top it's narrow, to the bottom it's wide.
2. The metal. The metal should be darker on the places where the fire's strong. The metal where the yellow part of the fire is should be the darkest, since the lightning is striking from within the metal, not from the outside.
3.Background is alright for me, I like it.

Well, bottom line, this icon has got what it takes to be approved, so, I'd rate it 3.
(rating will come in about 10 days, because of the rule of rating.)

Well, i don't know, but it is just... I don't know. It doesn't look much like fire, because the top of the fire's wider than the bottom, which is really... unrealistic. It's actually very easy to do fire. It should be narrow at the top, at the bottom it should be wide.

i have a problem making fire in paint.net - cause i don't have that tool.. but anyway i can't use gimp as well only for fire looking things but then again its going to get ugly cause i can't draw shadows, hightligts, and filtered BGs in gimp cause i don't understand the layer system they have...

Level 10
@Golden-drake:
I don't have paint.net nor Gimp, but i think it's really similar to the drawing in photoshop. To help you, here watch this, it explains how to draw fire in gimp:
Hope it helps out here. Actually, I just watched it, and it doesn't. You just delete the top parts, so it gets narrow. While moving to the bottom, you make it wider, until you get to the very bottom, where it should be the widest. I'll post here a pic in a second of how it should look like.

Done. Here, see:
197323-albums3867-picture36079.png

Feel free to copy'n'paste it if you want. I don't have anything against it. Good luck with icons in the future.