• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNDrow

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
I got bored with my orbs so I spent about a day making this, I know the hair is kind of cheap, working on fixing that but other than that it looks good to my eyes.

Drow, or more commonly known as the "Dark Elf"

So with a lot of work and tutorials, here it is!

Enjoy!

Keywords:
Drow, Dark elf, evil.
Contents

BTNDrow (Icon)

Reviews
08:34, 20th Sep 2009 zombie2279: Incredibly lacking. The proportions would be somewhat correct, but the face is really distorted thanks to the blurryness and the pixelated characters this icon is given. Tone down the lips and add contrast to the...

M

08:34, 20th Sep 2009
zombie2279: Incredibly lacking. The proportions would be somewhat correct, but the face is really distorted thanks to the blurryness and the pixelated characters this icon is given. Tone down the lips and add contrast to the nose, don't forget to change the hair and detail the hair.

Rejected until updated.

Yeah, I didn't think about that when I made it... I was just screwing around without thinking about how the border would cut it off. I am working on fixing that right now.

...Updated, face is now centered a bit more and fixed some coloring...

...Updated, The lips are a bit better looking (to me) also added some slight detail to the hair...

...Updated, added a few strands of hair flying around to give the illusion of her being scraggly, also fixed some of the colors...

...Updated, Redesigned the hell out of the colors and shading...

...Updated, Added more to the image so that it fits more in the passive icon...

...Updated, Fixed the hair AGAIN...

This was made with simply a 1 pixel brush tool. First one of my icons that I didn't use filters.

Last edited:
Lol because I didn't size it down before I put it through button editor, I just added more to it, when I shot it through button manager it squished it a bit, but this looks more like I was trying to get it to look like so I'm happy with it.

And sorry, getting it up would mean I would need to start the shoulders, not sure if it's worth it, I know it looks like crap with passive but I would expect this to be used as a unit icon, most units don't turn out with the passive icon.

Level 9
The hair is laughable, but the face is exotic and refined, something I'd expect on any sort of Elf, even the traitors of the Underdark. Great for any D&D, RPG, or Fantasy map that utilizes the Dark Elves or Drow. 5/5 Highly Recommended

Well, I am fixing the hair right now. It's pretty hard because during my edits I ended up resizing it to icon size, so it's large pixels. Though In my opinion I used it well finally getting the hair to look like hair... Sort of. Updating in a moment.

...Updated... The hair looked better in photoshop D:

Fixed the hair again, looks a little bit like hair now.

Lol I was trying to get those "thin" black lines in there, but like I said before, I saved it while it was resized to 64-64 so you can't really get thin. That's why I didn't make the lines in the hair too dark.

Working on this male drow too, it's going to take forever to get it to this standard but here is what I have so far. If you have any suggestions go ahead and post, don't suggest something stupid that I haven't added yet solely because I have only been working for about an hour, what is on this one will be on my male but it will be a more masculent look.

359zotu.jpg

Yet again, i have only been working on it for about an hour if that so don't expect a masterpiece, I will try and make it look much better than this one. Don't bitch about how the lines are, I fix them as i go. ;D

Last edited: