• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNDemonRune

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is 100% freehand.

WIP:

OldDemonMark.jpg

DemonMarkcopy.jpg

(UPDATE) With Freehand Rune.

(UPDATE AGAIN) Fixed DISBTN and defined rune more.

Keywords:
Demon Markk Hell Death Doom Fire
Contents

BTNDemonRune (Icon)

Reviews
13:00, 19th Apr 2009 Paladon: Creativity: 2/5 Quality: 5/10 Status: Rejected until updated Comment: I can't see a clear concept in here right now. What is this? You may get the same result with some filters. Try to think of a clear concept...

M

13:00, 19th Apr 2009
Paladon:
Icon Review

Creativity: 2/5
Quality: 5/10
Comment: I can't see a clear concept in here right now.
What is this? You may get the same result with some filters. Try to think of a clear concept matching with this icon and overwork it.
If you keep the "Demon Mark" idea, you should accent the icon with either runes, glows, something special.
EDIT: Oh please, update it.
EDIT: Link + DISBTN border is incorrect.
8:43, 12th Jul 2009
zombie2279: No changes made, rejected until updated.

Level 18
Bah didn't see the moderation, paladon you should send PMs to show that we need to fix it.

Im messing around with it in Photoshop, what I may do is use the circle and a bit of the waves in the middle then make a rune or something in the middle of it.

Edit: Is there a reason the image wont change.

Last edited:
Level 18
Its not simple actually Zombie, that first graphic took forever to make, (not that random blob, thats what it was at first, then I really started to mess with it) and then I shrunk it to the center, and put in the rune. Any more highlights would damage the image, darkening would just put it back as it was when it required highlights, I tried re-coloring but it turned out horrible. Inversion made it just UGH, this is the last I can do.

Level 35
I'm sorry to say this, but the effort you put into making an icon doesn't necessarily reflect the quality of the result, which in this case reflects a wide array of simplicity, taking into account the simple color scheme, the lack of a well-detailed object and the totall absence of shading. These criterias drastically take down the level of quality, when taken into moderation. I would suggest you a complete reworking or if nothing else, at least attempting to do something with the rune would surely do good.

The rune needs more definition, meaning that he should not use this soft pencil but a sharp one. Then you should add redish particles flying away from the rune.

Last edited: