• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

BTNDarkRangerMirrorImage

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Ićpomp
I've been search high and low for an mirror image icon for Dark Ranger. Couldn't find one. So I thought I'll give it a try to make one based on the hero icon for the hero itself.

Basically re-edited the original icon to enable multiple usage and convenience for map makers.

Normal button can be used for the ability: Mirror Image, Invisibility
Passive button can be used for the ability: Evasion, Permanent Invisibility
Auto-cast = as a misc. icon for any other possible usage

I appreciate constructive criticism for improvement, but please spare demoralizing ones.

No credits is needed.

Keywords:
dark ranger, archer, mirror image, invisibility, fade, evasion, dodge, shadow, illusion
Contents

BTNDarkRangerMirrorImage (Icon)

Reviews
02:57, 14th May 2011 Pyramidhe@d: Commented.
screenshot, far from creative, look's bad. Sorryz.

It wasn't a screenshot. You can compare it to the original icon (pixel to pixel). I just took the original icon, shaded it, shifted it leftwards, and repeat the process for a second time. And then, voila.. Done.

My purpose is to make useful icons that saves up people's time. It's still up to mods to decide. Quality wise, I suppose I could say it's the same as the original hero icon.

This is too simple of an edit. I've submitted plenty of works that looked better and were more original that were rejected for not quite being original enough. Yurneric will probably have to put his more simple resources into a seperate thread for other people to use, without officially uploading them, until he starts to make things from scratch. CnP isn't allowed, and neither are simple hue/saturation/brightness changes, unless, of course, they are changes to something you drew yourself. Icons have to be 100% freehand, and skins need to be at least around 60% freehand or so, it appears.

If you was (grammar error) looking for this type of image use it for yourself instead of uploading it here, the hive doesn't need a CnP of the same image 3 times. :/

Of course the hive doesn't need it. But the map makers do.

I'm just uploading it as a necessary proof that what I use in my map is not from unknown/buggy resource.

Level 25
Okay, seriously. Do not except to get anything but negative feedback when uploading an icon like this. Though, I must admit it is pretty well done, it's still something anyone with GIMP or photoshop could make in a couple of minutes. Freehand and reupload it, and it should be ready for approval, cause this is indeed a needed icon.

In my opinion (no offence), the usefulness of an icon and its "freehand-ness" is TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT thing.

I know the importance of having originality in terms of freehand drawing, BUT what difference is there if I were to draw the same Dark Ranger face from another angle and remake the icon the same way as I did?

To put it simply, I don't see any increase in terms of usefulness from
darkranger.gif
to
icons_9937_btn.jpg
. Probably just the eyes are obviously of different color.

yurneric, the issue is, if every 2-minute icon was accepted for usefulness, then we would be unable to sort through such icons to find actual freehanded icons.
Usefulness is not just whether or not something will be used, it's whether or not something is difficult to make.
For example, everyone needs water, but it's easier to obtain than diamond which really has no use. Therefore, diamond is worth more, even though nobody really needs it.