• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNCosmicBolt

My First Icon

Not very elaborate, but it might be useful to somebody.
Hand painted using Paint Shop Pro 8.

Please give credit if you use it!

[EDIT] Updated to a higher quality version (85% compression up from 50%, which was Button Manager's default compression value). If you don't like using 11 KB icons then feel free to compress it down yourself.

Keywords:
cosmic, space, bolt, spell, blue, purple, comet
Contents

BTNCosmicBolt (Icon)

Reviews
22:31, 7th Apr 2010 enjoy: Might be useful.
Level 11
Okay first icon :D.
When you start putting your first resources people will be very suspicous that you've made the resource that you are providing hiveworkshop with so people are giving you credit for something you've done.
I think it's alittle too much details and you should concentrate more on the ball/bolt and then add some small details in the background.
The bolt/ball should be bigger with an other word.
Because i'm saying this, when i first saw this icon i diden't realy knew what the object or what the icon realy meant.
But if you made this which i realy hope you did, then this is a great start in your future icon making.
It's an okay icon from my opinion :) Good Luck.

Level 4
Been looking for space related icons.
What I love about it is that it certainly gives you a feeling that it's something dashing through the vacuum of space, and the sparkles really amplify that feeling.
What I hate about it is that the colors aren't really too appealing, well at least for me.
Submitting an alternate coloring would be nice. :D

Level 13
Anyways, if you have a bigger picture of the icon in your computer, then upload it to gain peoples trust, some people are suspicious some are not. When you are working on your icons in the future, i suggest you take screenshots of the picture when it's in progress. This is what is called a WIP (work in progress) after awhile when you are famous to the hivers you don't have to prove that it was you who made the icons. Anyways do as 13L4M3 suggested. keep up the good work!

Level 7
Nara-shikamaru; Thanks for the tip :D

I updated with a slightly better version with more focus on the 'bolt' by removing that annoying bright star in the upper left and tweaking things slightly.

As far as WIP progression images, I'll do that next time I guess, I attached one image to this message but it's just the final product shown in my PSP window.

Mystic_Revelation; I love alternative color schemes! I'll do that for ya!

EDIT: See my other icons for two other color variations.

Attachments

• Cosmic Bolt PSP.jpg
    Cosmic Bolt PSP.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
oh my G0d thats gorgous! thats just gorgous! its so perdy, it looks like somthing coming from SpaCe!!!

love this'1s color the most, this1 looks the most like somthing from space in real life.

could you make a blue teal and white one!?!??! that would look more like a comet coming from space then eny icon on here!!!

9.5/10 (becuz nothigns a 10) very good icon.