1. Are you planning to upload your awesome icon to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 8, 2018: The rules for the Icon Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

BTNCho'Gall

Submitted by Scias
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
A member of the website messaged me with a request to make icon for Cho'gall model made by Tauer, I took upon the request since it seemed like a challenge and something different to make since I didn't try fitting 2 heads into one icon yet..

Process is same as my usual process, screenshotting the model, resizing the image then color reducing to create blobs that I polish with pixel art methods.

Here's process file:
[​IMG]

192x192 enlarged file:
[​IMG]
Contents

BTNHeroCho'Gall (Icon)

BTNCho'Gall (Icon)

Reviews
Murlocologist
I'd move the left figure down and resize it as its chin looks like quite dominant feature. Different perspective would help as well. However it looks nice and got a character. Approved.
  1. LordGandulfo88

LordGandulfo88

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    A great job there! He looks very ogre and great. And ogre.

2. Scias

Scias

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks.. It took a lot of effort to make them look more like ogres especially the head on the left, the mustache and the hat-looking thingy made it read as a Centaur to me and it took awhile to figure out how to ogre-fy it. :p

3. LordGandulfo88

LordGandulfo88

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I have a question ... how do you do to make the Blue Border? It gives an aspect that I would like to get for my icons.

4. Scias

Scias

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    A friend of mine made the layer for me, since I'm totally photoshop(insert all the other more advanced programs here) dumb.. I was having difficulty creating the border and she made it in like 2mins haha
    Here's the layer if you wanna use it:
    [​IMG]
    One issue about it is that it applies the blue to the inner outline of the grey border of the icon, so I have to touch it up afterwards a bit (if you apply it to 64x64 icon).. I also add the 2 inner shades around the edge by changing darkness of the picture by -50 then taking 1 row of shadow and then reducing the already darkened picture by -50 more to get the first row of shadow.
    Like so:
    [​IMG]

5. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Lovin' it! Great job :)

6. Scias

Scias

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks, glad you like it :)

7. Murlocologist

Murlocologist

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I'd move the left figure down and resize it as its chin looks like quite dominant feature. Different perspective would help as well.

However it looks nice and got a character. Approved.

8. Scias

Scias

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    While working on it I felt like the right face is the more dominant one and felt like there's little I can do to improve that, but as I was changing and trying to stretch the other face a bit to make it look more like ogre I think I managed to make it stand out more. I'm not sure if the chin makes it the more dominant one though, I feel like they're about same since the right one has some interesting features about it that grab attention.. And with the blue border on the chin is quite covered.
    As for perspective maybe I should've went with something that would make the faces look like they're more part of one body, since currently there's a bit too much separation going on between them and sometimes I can even see it as 2 separate portraits.

Thanks for the feedback and approval.

9. 84chrome

84chrome

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources: