1. Are you planning to upload your awesome icon to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 8, 2018: The rules for the Icon Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

BTNCharge

Submitted by medion505
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This is my first attempt at making icons, hope you like them.

Keywords:
Charge, Electric, Electricity, Lightning, Spell, Ability, Magic.
Contents

BTNCharge (Icon)

Reviews
20:38, 12th Apr 2009 Paladon: Creativity: 3/5 Quality: 6-7/10 Status: Approved Comment: Comparing it with the old version, you made some good improvements. The lightnings are looking nice.
  1. 20:38, 12th Apr 2009
    Paladon:
    Icon Review

Creativity: 3/5
    Quality: 6-7/10
    Comment: Comparing it with the old version, you made some good improvements. The lightnings are looking nice.

2. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Hmm... too simple to tell the truth. I can detect some signs of shading, but it's not enough and the object itself (those two claws or w/e) are rather distorted. Those lightning like effects in the middle are quite good.

Kinda reminds me of this.

3. Blaxor

Blaxor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    i agree with zombie about the claws and shading. And something zombie forgot (i think he forgot) to mention is fix the borders on disbtn, atc, disatc, pas and dispas.

4. og-loc

og-loc

Resources:
    Resources:
    i cant seeing whats it is...

5. medion505

medion505

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I wasn't actually trying to aim for anything in particular when drawing the goldish bits as a base, but from looking it does have the same basic shape as, if not the colour of, the wind rider's spear. It also bares a small resemblance to the necromancer's staff.

6. Thorneon

Thorneon

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    well its not bad for a first, you did good with the shading on the ball. but otherwise it is too sloppy to be useful

7. Avex

Avex

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thats a ball? Oh I thought it was a dark-teal and orange master chief helmet with strange orange spikes coming up.

Kinda... wierd.

8. Narandza

Narandza

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I reminds me of Oblivion... I had a Nord 25lvl - 30 I don't remeber it was a long time ago...

9. medion505

medion505

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Updated, added shading to the orange spikes because changing them to something else means redrawing the lightning as well, so basically a completely new icon entirely. If I can make it work this way it is easier.

I guess what my starting idea was for the spikes was like metal spikes/prongs from some wierd perspective, and the orangey colour is because gold is quite conductive.

Edit: Have removed the orange spikes entirely.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  10. Thorneon

Thorneon

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    it would look better if you made the ball larger. right now there is too much (partially) empty space

11. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Still not satisfactory. I'd recommend you to: Increase the size of the orb, add a glow near it and add lightning effects through the glow.

12. redragex

redragex

Resources:
    Resources:
    bit too simple

13. medion505

medion505

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I will update again by this time tomorrow, my school has cs3 and in some spare time I used it to change the look. Hopefully for the better.

Edit: The ball of lightning is quite a bit larger than I thought I had made it.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  14. Paladon

Paladon

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It's getting better, a lot better. The lightnings are very good.
    One last thing to change on the ball.

Move the ball to the center of the icon and remove all those misplaced pixels all over the ball.
    You could optionally add some additional lightnings around and over the ball.

15. medion505

medion505

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Updated the icon a few days ago now, the ball is centred (basically) and the stray pixels have been smoothed out.

16. Paladon

Paladon

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Okay, you have made very nice improvements.
    Comparing it with the older version, i will approve this now.

17. S.W.I.N.E

S.W.I.N.E

Resources:
    Resources:
    i think its without freehand