• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNBloodletV9

Hey this is an icon i made for my bloodlet ability, completely free handed and i used CRAZY RUSSIANS technique to make this, surprisingly it's simple and easy but can get some nice results. It took me five minutes to make. This is my first attempt at CR's technique.

UPDATE: Made the blood gorier, darker, and made it "spread" a little more to the side.

UPDATE 2: Fixed the Autocast one, the border only had the yellow borders but no black fading border. It was too instant before and it standed out alot.

UPDATE 3: Added new Blade.

UPDATE 4: Blood thickened and darkened. Before it looked like tomato juice =)

UPDATE 5: Made the blood thinner. Was overdone before.

Keywords:
blood, let, sacrifice, emo, crush, soul, stuff, lol awesome, cool, south, park, north, rofl, poof, poofta, hi
Contents

BTNBloodletV9 (Icon)

Reviews
20:41, 5th Dec 2008 Traxamillion: The blood looks great but please fix the blade it looks very odd. Paladon: Just of acceptable quality. EDIT: Much better.

M

20:41, 5th Dec 2008
Traxamillion: The blood looks great but please fix the blade it looks very odd.
Paladon: Just of acceptable quality.
EDIT: Much better.

Level 8
lol i always write random stuff in my tags (look at my previous icons)

Also on the blood, ill try fix it now.

EDIT: Fixed the blood, it is now gorier, darker, and made it "spread" a little more to the side. I recommend using the passive icon, the icon seems to suit better as a passive.

EDIT2: Fixed the Autocast icon, the border only had the yellow borders but no black fading border. It was too instant before and it standed out alot.

Last edited:
Level 8
On the blade not being sharp enough, it is because the sharp end of the blade is hidden behind the blood, i drew the blade first then the blood over it. And also on the rating, thanks, what can i expect anyway its one of my first and i just started trying out iconing, also im fixing the blade but it keeps coming out wrong please don't reject this mods.

Very cool that my tutorial is somewhat helpful.

Icon looks good to me, it is crisp, sharp, and clear. To make blood look more like blood try this.

Make deep dark red shadows, because blood gets dark red, and in the splatter area draw individual blood drops on the black background flying out.

Over all I think the Icon is successful.

Level 8
Very cool that my tutorial is somewhat helpful.

Icon looks good to me, it is crisp, sharp, and clear. To make blood look more like blood try this.

Make deep dark red shadows, because blood gets dark red, and in the splatter area draw individual blood drops on the black background flying out.

Over all I think the Icon is successful.

Thanks, ill try fix it now.