• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNBigSword

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is my third artwork. Just a really fat n' shoiny sword. I know it could be more straight and the shadows could be improved ,but I am a beginner and did all I could with GIMP. oh and the borders almost completely covered the handle :(. I will learn from my mistakes :).
UPDATE: I didnt save any of my icons on my computer so I wont be able to fix them. I try and save them from now on. And this icon... I will just leave as it is for th epeople who still want it until it gets removed/rejected.

Keywords:
big fat shiny metal sword
Contents

BTNBigSword (Icon)

Reviews
12:25, 10th Apr 2010 Pyramidhe@d: The glow is too much, define the shape of the sword a lot more and try not to make it look mundane. enjoy: I don't see any visible changes? Rejecting it untill updated. As said before, I recommend you to find some...

M

12:25, 10th Apr 2010
Pyramidhe@d: The glow is too much, define the shape of the sword a lot more and try not to make it look mundane.

enjoy: I don't see any visible changes? Rejecting it untill updated. As said before, I recommend you to find some tutorials. Here is some sword tutorials.

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=sword+tutorial

Level 11
Hello young icon maker!
Something that is important, when you are ready with your icon ( from your opinion ) you have to look again and watch other icons if they have the same standard.
Train alot before pulishing your icons at the hiveworkshop.
You'll just have hard critique... sorry but this is far from acceptable!

Level 16
Ok what we got here - "BigSword"

My first idea was, that this is something like a white obelisk or something like that, but then I saw the the icon name and I had to look closer.

I don't want say you did a bad work, at all you said you just beginning with creating icons, but you should make this sword more metallic and add a better shadow. This shiny aura around it, can be a little fixed to, I think

Rating in points:

+ Works ingame

* Maybe you should add the icon type for "attack"
* Yeah, this need some fixes at all
I think about waiting with rating (atm I would give only 2,5/5 - 3/5) but I don't want give you this. You just started with that, so the beginning is always hard.
Also you don't should think, that I think you do bad icons. This is only a comment, that you should keep your work. I know you can more!

Edit: And please don't think yourself it's lame! This is only your start and you tried your best <-- and that's all about. When you have more experience, it will be better - don't give up!

Greetings
The Bomb King > Dr. Boom

Level 4
Thanks for support ,but unfortunately because of my noobness i deleted all my lastest templates for the icons i made, so i wont be able to fix them :(. In the mear future i will make something similar to this sword, but eith a handle, some more shadows, and mettalic gloss, then i will delete this sword.