• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Broken Spell Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
K my spell triggers broken, Its supposed to add a spell any time the hero buys an item, but it only adds the first skill bought

Also All the items are classified as misc but the comparison Is item-class Misc doesnt work? it makes it so the trigger doesnt do anything

• Hero Spells
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Miscellaneous
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 0 to 10, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • Player_Skill_Slots_Used[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] Less than 7
              • Skill_Item[(Integer A)] Equal to (Item-type of (Item being manipulated))
              • (Level of Skills[(Integer A)] for (Hero manipulating item)) Less than 1
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Add Skills[(Integer A)] to (Hero manipulating item)
              • Set PlayerSkills[((((Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item))) - 1) x 7) + Player_Skill_Slots_Used[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))])] = Skills[(Integer A)]
              • Set Player_Skill_Slots_Used[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] = (Player_Skill_Slots_Used[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] + 1)
              • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (1-1, + (String((Integer A))))
            • Else - Actions
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (1-2, + (String((Integer A))))
                • If - Conditions
                  • MaxSkill_Level[(Integer A)] Greater than (Level of Skills[(Integer A)] for (Hero manipulating item))
                • Then - Actions
                  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (2-1, + (String((Integer A))))
                  • Unit - Increase level of Skills[(Integer A)] for (Hero manipulating item)
                • Else - Actions
                  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (2-2, + (String((Integer A))))
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (MaxSkill_Level[(Integer A)] Equal to (Level of Skills[(Integer A)] for (Hero manipulating item))) or (Player_Skill_Slots_Used[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] Equal to 7)
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (3-1, + (String((Integer A))))
                      • Player - Add 1 to (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) Current lumber
                    • Else - Actions
                      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (3-2, + (String((Integer A))))
                      • Do nothing
Heres My Variable Setup

• Initialize Variables
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- These are the skills, these should have 2 per skill --------
      • Set Skill_Item[0] = Critical Strike
      • Set Skills[0] = Critical Strike
      • Set Skill_Item[1] = Blizzard
      • Set Skills[1] = Blizzard
      • Set Skill_Item[2] = Bash
      • Set Skills[2] = Bash
      • Set Skill_Item[3] = Heal
      • Set Skills[3] = Heal
      • Set Autocast_Ability[3] = True
      • Set Skills[4] = Envenomed Strike
      • Set Skill_Item[4] = Envenomed Strike
      • Set Skills[5] = Thorns Aura (Neutral Hostile)
      • Set Skill_Item[5] = Thorns Aura

Edit: The Display Text and Wait Function are simply for debuging. The Misc Check doesnt work (if its not off then nothing happens), and the hero will never get more then 1 skill

Edit2: I found out that for some reason after getting the first skill it doesnt go back to loop 1-1, it goes 1-2,2-1 then stops without actually adding the skill to the hero
Thx MortAr (
Code:
 to [trigger])

Edit3: Debugged untill i got a result, Now i know that for some reason after buying the skill item it starts adding +1 to player skills variable making it jump to 7 and then u cant buy skills anymore,still no idea why this happens :\ stupid awsome world editor

Last edited:
Level 4
I figured it out :\ just took me a really long time.I simply had to change it so it did For 0 to 5 rather then 0 to 10 cause 6-10 has nothing setup yet. Id still like help with why item-class check doesnt work though? cause i dont want it running this trigger every time any item is obtained just the specific class of item.

Status
Not open for further replies.