• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bridges and Ramps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
Hi :)
Is there a tutorial or something that can teach me how to use bridges and ramps the proper way?. In that tutorial I should learn how to add a bridge on the path between 2 mountains and so.

+REP

Level 16
Well, sorry but why you need a tutorial for this? ... I mean, create two cliffs or whatever, go to doodads, pick a bridge or something and place it between them.
If the bridge is to long or to short, you can edit this values in the object editor.

If the bridge is a little higher or lower as the cliff or terrain at all, use the terrain palette and use the "Apply High" to change the high of the terrain to match it with the bridge.

Well and ramp? What you want know about this ... mean place some terrain, pick up the ramp and put it between a raised terrain and a lower point of terrain ..

Don't know but I don't think someone creates a tutorial for this because ... well it's too easy =O

Level 11
ctrl + pg up = raise
ctrl + pg down = lower
Advanced > Reset Fixed Object Heights > uncheck this
uncheck it cause if its checked, then every time you move a raised doodad, it will reset to the default height and then you have to raise it again.

This works for any doodad
Also, hold shift when you place it if you wanna overlap stuff

And to make it look nice where it meets the terrain, just zoom in to the edge of the bridge, where the path of the bridge meets the ground, and raise/lower terrain to make it look nicer.
Or you could just add shrubs or flowers and stuff at the edges so you dont see where it transfers from bridge to ground xD

Status
Not open for further replies.