• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Break protected map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
ok well, as weird as this may sound, i need to get into this protected map to modify it because the maker of it did a horrible job, and i have such good ideas to add to the map. i mean the map doesnt even have TOOLTIPS! :shock: :shock: :shock: its horrible :x , the map is Soldier TD, if u could help me get into the map itd be much appreciated :lol: , ill post the finished map here later on if i get into it. i mean if u have the map, play it, ull think its so bad just because theres no tooltips :shock:

Level 6
It would depend on the type of protection that was put on. Some will let you access with password, but most will not. There are no real way to break protection, which is why many people ask to release the maps unprotected. Basically, you want to edit the map? You'll have to remake the map.

Level 4
Deprotecting maps is as easy as pressing a button. Seriously! But some maps with tons of triggers CAN be deprotected, except that the triggers have to be converted into custom text. There is a nice program which you can use to deprotect a map. It is call Deprotect (a very odd name for a deprotector :lol: ). You can download it @
(link removed)
Make sure you get Version 2.1 because its the latest right now and it works alright. Just make sure you follow the Editing rules and give about 90% credit to the creator and maybe you might want to ask him/her for their permission before you do any posting/hosting. Hope that helps and enjoy the deprotector!

Level 7
SER\split/ER said:
ok well, as weird as this may sound, i need to get into this protected map to modify it because the maker of it did a horrible job, and i have such good ideas to add to the map. i mean the map doesnt even have TOOLTIPS! :shock: :shock: :shock: its horrible :x , the map is Soldier TD, if u could help me get into the map itd be much appreciated :lol: , ill post the finished map here later on if i get into it. i mean if u have the map, play it, ull think its so bad just because theres no tooltips :shock:

the reason that map appears to have no tooltips is because its in another language that we don't have the characters for

Level 22
If the author did a horrible job making a map, make a better one. Asking about unprotecting a map for the sake of altering someone else's work? That's the whole purpose of map protection...to safeguard them from people like YOU.

If you edit his work. You BETTER get his permission first.

Ser/split/er, Super-Human, you are both warned.
-VGsatomi

Status
Not open for further replies.