• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bounty-on-Attack System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Bounty-on-Attack System (Please lock)

Never mind, I got it to work. Please lock this thread.

Hey, I'd like an easy-to-install and easy-to-configure system that adds a certain amount of gold to the owner of an attacking unit.

What it needs: the ability to set the amount of gold given, the ability to give either less than 1 gold (ie 0.25 gold, which I'm not sure is possible) or have a (configurable) percent chance to give gold, and the ability to make exceptions for the system depending on what unit (or type of unit, like a structure) is attacking or being attacked (If a Footman, for example, attacks, it gives 1 gold, if a Ghoul attacks, it gives 2, but if a Grunt is being attacked no gold is given, and so on).

It can be in GUI or JASS, but if it's in JASS then please let me know what to change in order to configure the units affected, gold given, percent chance of giving gold, etc.

What it's for: A Vampirism-like map in production called Myths & Legends which aims to fix most of the problems I felt plagued Vampirism and Island Defense by altering gameplay somewhat. In the coming days I will likely make a thread about it over in Map Development, but essentially it will revolve around being easier to learn but still hard to master and to snowball quite a bit less, if at all. The map's terrain is finished and fully one half of the tech trees are done; it will be completely playable, if somewhat unpolished, once the triggers are finished. A vital trigger? The one I'm requesting right now. :grin: I tried to do it in GUI but my way (Endless trees of "Unit is Attacked, Owner of Attacking Unit equal to Enemy of Attacked Unit, If (Unit Type) Equal to (Unit) then Add (X) Gold to Owner of Attacking Unit") didn't seem to work and I can't think of other ways to do it.)

Screenshots available on request.

Many thanks in advance to those who would take this on. As always, +rep will be involved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.