• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Bouncing Hero Attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
quite simpel u dont have to do anything with the abilitie moonglave no worrys m8 all u need to do is go to a random unit in the object manager (example an archmage) and change the number of targets alowed then change the weapon type to missile (bounce) and as final change the area of effect (full damige) to 500 or something (this determins how far units can be apart from eachother in order to make the attack bounce) and yipee u got yourselve a bouncing archmage

Level 3
Nice, i knew that, although, that wasn't what i was hoping to get. (wasn't specific enough when asking, so i'll blame myself) - now to the new question.

I would like a bouncing attack SKILL for a hero, lets say you start off with that archmage and he hits 1 target as usual, he gets a level, picks "the skill i want - Moon Glavieish Skill" and that will make his attack bounce to another target after hitting the first :). What im saying is - i want a SKILL for heros which gets them bouncing attacks when picking that skill, the skill must have atleast 3 levels too...

Thanks for the reply btw ;)

Level 11
Xumbik said:
Nice, i knew that, although, that wasn't what i was hoping to get. (wasn't specific enough when asking, so i'll blame myself) - now to the new question.

I would like a bouncing attack SKILL for a hero, lets say you start off with that archmage and he hits 1 target as usual, he gets a level, picks "the skill i want - Moon Glavieish Skill" and that will make his attack bounce to another target after hitting the first :). What im saying is - i want a SKILL for heros which gets them bouncing attacks when picking that skill, the skill must have atleast 3 levels too...

Thanks for the reply btw ;)

ever wondered what that second attack thing is for that every unit has? it is that that items like fire orbs use, so just go to the combat thing and change the combat abilities for THE SECOND ATTACK ONLY the way weenie described it, then get fire orb abilitity or whatever i have never tried the moongliaves thing you can use that if it resembles the fireorb, if not set the added attack damage of the fireorb to 0, and make a hero ability based off the fireorb, and i think that'll work

Level 3
taurenwarrior said:
ever wondered what that second attack thing is for that every unit has? it is that that items like fire orbs use, so just go to the combat thing and change the combat abilities for THE SECOND ATTACK ONLY the way weenie described it, then get fire orb abilitity or whatever i have never tried the moongliaves thing you can use that if it resembles the fireorb, if not set the added attack damage of the fireorb to 0, and make a hero ability based off the fireorb, and i think that'll work

Umm, this might be my poor english linguistic skills - but im not getting what you saying here.. Could you consdier explaining it more detailed?

Thanks mate ;) - I think you're explaining what i want to hear, but alas too hard for me to understand as of this point :(

Level 11
okay

okay here it is i'll try and make it simpler

oaky first grab your hero, let's say a tauren chieftain (for reasons you will see later), open him up in the object editor and then scroll down to the combat stuff, now they have two sets of combat stats attack -1 and attack 2. attack 1 is the basic attack used for atatcking attack two is so units can do less or more dmagae/different projectiles/different stas against different types of units. e.g. the chimaera corrosive thingy. now edit those atack 2 stats to allow multiple bouncing attacks, i think weenie explained that. be warned all heroes have stats to match the orb's thingy so that they can atatck flying units, if the hero is a melee hero you have to disallow attack flying units and lower the range. remmber in order for this to work the targets allowed must be the same. now find the ability that the fire orb uses, open that up, set the amount of extar damage to what you want, and turn it into a hero ability. now when the hero learns tha tability the attack two combat stats will take over and his attacks will bounce.

Level 3
Ill try that ;) and well, even if it doesn't work, I love you for the effort you put into helping me :D makes me feel special :oops:

I think it works, but i want it to be a skill with 3 levels, the first level bouncing 2 times, next level 3 and so on.. and suggestions?

Level 4
Howbout you use the barrage skill so the hero doesnt have a bounce attack but can hit multiple units.

Level 3
Well, i guess that would work, but thats still not how i want it ;) im determined to get this Bouncing attack :p, maybe you could make a small map example on how to make it? ;) i bet lots of starting mapmakers like myself could benefit from that :)

Level 11
nah

Xumbik said:
Well, i guess that would work, but thats still not how i want it ;) im determined to get this Bouncing attack :p, maybe you could make a small map example on how to make it? ;) i bet lots of starting mapmakers like myself could benefit from that :)
i'm too lazy, try someone else, maybe ask vexorian, or whatever...

Level 11
Well... I don't see any alternative to this. You could also try to have an upgrade only for the certain unit who uses the glaive attack and then, once the unit learns the ability you check the level of the ability. If Level is equal to 1, you add one upgrade. If it is equal to 2, you add the second one and if it is equal to 3 you add the last one. A singular problem will be the "Tome of Unlearning", not to mention that I haven't seen the trigger for (Making an Upgrade). If you think this helps... Good luck!

~Daelin

Level 3
This is indeed a though nut to crack, but i cant see how checking level and adding skill depending on levels via trigger, would change the amount of bounces? :p

I can't thank you enough though...

Maybe something Vexorian could do? :p *a.k.a. god* :)

I wont stop until it works anyways :) so if you figure it out, post, ppl :p

Level 11
That is the ONLY way if you are asking me... Except the Orb one which IMO, is better. To check the level:

Event - An Unit Learns an Ability
Conditions - Learnt Ability equal to (Yourability)
Actions - If (level of (Learnt Ability)) for (Casting Unit)equal to 1)

And so on for each level... you just change the level in the if and... That should do it! Sick idea, so use the orb one. Vex may be good, but he will only come with more complicated ideas probably. No offense here Vex. It's just that I tend to complicate once I know more advanced techniques (like JASS). Perhaps Vex doesn't think like this so I'm no longer speaking about him. I fully trust him and he might indeed find a better solution. PM him if you want to.

~Daelin

Level 3
Okay, I'll PM him :) although, the fire orb thing, i cant get that to bounce 2 times level 1, - 5 bounces level 4. I use that Forb effect which activates the second attack of my hero (in this case a huntress, "fitting, aint it" :p) and i programmed the second attack to bounce twice. Although, the fire orb only activates it (the second attack), and i dont know how to edit the bounces :p..

Sorry for this endless rambling, and well, strange english :).

Thanks!

Level 4
You don't need a dummy to upgrade. There is a direct upgrade function. For this particular bouncing ability, base the upgrade off Upgraded Moon Glaive, and base the skill off Moon Glaive also, and remember to change the Hero's missile type to missile(bouncing). It HAS to work.

Side note: bouncing attack doesn't stack with any orb, bash or critical strike like abilities.

Level 3
Okay, first of all, i wanna thank Daelin for his help, also, tauren warrior, the mod that moved it here to the spell forum (accidentally posted this in Requests), ofcourse i want to thank all the other people who posted inhere ;) and LAST but NOT least... ArcanisteR.

Last post worked ;) thanks a bunch :D - anything i can do to repay the favor? :roll:

Edit: Fixed spelling error - "Daeling to Daelin" :) sorry bout that.

Level 11
uhh

i don't know what you mean by doesn't stack, all i know is that you cannot have orbs if you do it my way, it will cause orbs to bounce around. which is far as i know is the best, unless vexorian comes up with some unimaginable system.

Status
Not open for further replies.