• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Booty Bay

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents

Booty Bay (Map)

Reviews
» Vengeancekael:[c] 「Profile :: Message :: Hive Staff」 » Date:[c] 「15/Mar/2013 22:23:10」 » Reasons: » Comment: [Moderated version: 15th Mar 2013] The text isn't very pleasing to the eyes, capitalize "I" and write longer sentences with a bit of...

M

» Vengeancekael:[c] Profile :: Message :: Hive Staff
» Date:[c] 15/Mar/2013 22:23:10
» Reasons:
» Comment:
[Moderated version: 15th Mar 2013]
The text isn't very pleasing to the eyes, capitalize "I" and write longer sentences with a bit of deeper meaning and more emotions maybe.
Add more camera movement.
Change "Mount Up" to "Mount down" maybe after calling your pet.
In the first chapter, I went through the dark hole where the Den Mother was and I came out of the other side through the ground and got stuck.
What Mile says in the beginning of the second chapter is complete rubbish! "hey little girl are you lost, where are you parents" ... "ok find my gear blabla"... Like... what?
Clear selection circles during a cutscene.
Sorry but right when chapter 3 started I left the game.
Like seriously, what is the game about and why did you have to make the start to utterly boring?
The only good thing I could say right now about this campaign would be the terrain.
Unacceptable
[tr]​
» Rules: [c] Map Submission
» Contact: [c] Staff Contact
! 'Reasons' are automated !

Level 5
hey man! i played the campagin and this is what i would Change:

-> stop the running animation when zuka stops moving when mounted up
-> Change/add the Mount Icon to a "dismount the tiger" or something
-> After the cinematics, Change the camera to the normal view
-> the Magic rock item doesnt work in the next Levels anymore (direhoof)
-> the northern Terrain part in the direhoof Level is strange. nothing is there and u can walk up the cliffs
-> after dying nothing happens
---
-> should the chapter where u have to find den of elements be so short? ist the Terrain of one of the first Levels. but i just moved into the other circle of power and the chapter was completed =/ (or should this just Show that u go on the other side of the mountain? )
-> the items that i bought (+50hp i think) dissapeared next chapter

besides that... very great! nice Story!

im now at secrets of dark jade and gonna continue playing jippie =)

Last edited:
Level 14
hey man! i played the campagin and this is what i would Change:

-> stop the running animation when zuka stops moving when mounted up
-> Change/add the Mount Icon to a "dismount the tiger" or something
-> After the cinematics, Change the camera to the normal view
-> the Magic rock item doesnt work in the next Levels anymore (direhoof)
-> the northern Terrain part in the direhoof Level is strange. nothing is there and u can walk up the cliffs
-> after dying nothing happens
---
-> should the chapter where u have to find den of elements be so short? ist the Terrain of one of the first Levels. but i just moved into the other circle of power and the chapter was completed =/ (or should this just Show that u go on the other side of the mountain? )
-> the items that i bought (+50hp i think) dissapeared next chapter

besides that... very great! nice Story!

im now at secrets of dark jade and gonna continue playing jippie =)
Ok lets see, cannot really change that for mount because its special effect :/ i could not position it correctly differently, as another unit i mean.
But in later parts i have added rocket mount which looks same either standing or moving.
Camera, ok i am going to do it right now.
Magic rock, it does work, but monster in cave is targeted as air unit that is why you had ranged attack.
That chapter is just to turn around mountain, i was testing it actually :D To see if one boolean can determinate the way we will play map, i mean if you will be able to cross to other side or to play third map all over, i am sorry for that item loss, it would require lot just to fix it, because half of items are not created in campaign so zuka has to be created each time you enter map, but that will not happen in chapter two, where zuka is saved and loaded every time you complete mission.
I will check my defeat conditions for dying, i thought i tested dying at den of elements but ill do it one more time.
However that first chapter is just like some introduction to game, which starts from second.

Thanks for feedback :D

Level 14
I have made secrets of dark jade visible first time so you can get there faster, hopefully most of bugs are fixed.
Description is showing you last ranks of spells, thunder storm also knocks nearby enemies, forgot to write :/ but it does.
In case you haven't check more screenshots pop out when you click on zuka's picture and i have added new ones.
Credits are there, alright, its just left for me to complete map number 11, there will be no game play just slide show of pictures with credits. Once i create pictures (for those filters) i will upload it, or earlier if some bugs are found.

Thanks for playing :)

Level 5
hey man!

im now at the siege of skysong chapter but i lost all my items from previous Level. furthermore i think the shipyard defending is Kind of impossible. the timer is 20 minutes but if u dont defend or help, at Minute 16 the base is destroyed. in These 4 minutes i got no Chance to destroy even 1 of the watch Towers (except the 1st one which seems do doesnt help). when i tried to help dag'tar directly there is no Chance also =( what can i do? i just have 850 hp and not much damage, all of the creeps got much more hp and damage! no way =(

Last edited:
Level 5
i dont really know if u already finished secrets of dark jade. i gathered mitulas Spirit Stone and then i met xa ral and the chapter was done.. i should find an altar it says =( furthermore i can talk to the blacksmith but he doesnt give a quest or anything.

Level 14
i dont really know if u already finished secrets of dark jade. i gathered mitulas Spirit Stone and then i met xa ral and the chapter was done.. i should find an altar it says =( furthermore i can talk to the blacksmith but he doesnt give a quest or anything.
Okey i have fixed those items, abilities will be transfered, on start of every map you should put on and off all of those equiped items and if something goes buggy reset mission then it will fix it self, when load correctly. Wasnt really my foult even first time :/ their database is not collecting all informations, now i have stored everything separately.

Yea i made that as optional quest, when you make that rock, you sould enter cave and rock will be replaced with different one, that different rock will unlock blacksmith :D
Then you get new weapon, but however i have lowered price of arcane slasher to 150gold now.
otherwise item gets removed on next map, its that map's only item (mitula's spirit stone)

But you could also unequip items before start of each map to save them.
I fixed them now, so it will not be needed. Traps could not be fixed :/ so i have just forced game to give you traps each time you get into new mission :S even if you do not buy them

Level 5
ahhh okok! i finished the chapter without getting the quest "the earthsong clan" and "mituals Spirit spear" i didnt find the entrance to huntress aquda =(

Level 14
ahhh okok! i finished the chapter without getting the quest "the earthsong clan" and "mituals Spirit spear" i didnt find the entrance to huntress aquda =(
Cave is just few steps to the east when you exit that town with humans, when you spoke to mike, you probably crossed over that cave. Bunch of rocks under that arch which presents bridge.

you can see cave on this picture, its one from Zuka's album on my profile.

174429-albums6120-picture65916.jpg

I am sorry for that fake fix :( i guess i was tired to think clearly i made change which did not fix transfer and uploaded, now i have correctly changed triggers and it is working. At least for first transfer didnt test it yet after that.

Last edited:
Level 1
i cant get on boat after getting fishermans padle in marsh :/
edit: i figured that out.

but how do u defeat earth guy :/ u can enter cave with blade and 5 advanced traps but u can use only 2 because you need 3 to keep gates opened. and it seems just imposible because with spell he takes 1/3 of your hp and even with running cd of 60 doesnt run up for another loop.
so i would say u should make those switches stay in ground after steping on them. this way after putting traps on them u have nowhere to run from earth guy and even if u try to he gets on traps and u dont have enough to go further as i said u need 3 traps to move on and i cant manage that

Last edited:
Level 5
@marynom: u just Need the Switch in the middle to Keep the doors open, so u can use the other 2 traps =)

@Sir_Astral: i now finished it.. jippie! the defending chapter was pretty hard =) anyway, i really enjoyed playing. what i would improve is:
-the Change the inventory Icon of mana potions
-the chapters endings are quite abrupt. u could think about an ending cinematic or another ending sequence =)
-i dont know if u fixed the traps too but u should. but if u do so, please improve the traps. they are pretty useless in the later chapters!

thx for making this!

are u going to put mituals seal and earthsong III into the campaign?

Level 14
You actually finished whole campaign? I will put more effort on traps, dunno how to end chapters, i am not so good at that story telling :S
i have changed potions yesterday, same time when i uploaded fixed equipment system, now ill make them stackable and yea there is one extra trap, with parasite

And eh i dont think i will put those maps inside, but there is something i might do.
Mystery of two jades is left untouched and also unleashed demon is still free. So there could be expansion of this campaign, just not soon. And i hope not in this manner...
I want to make it more like puzzle or riddle kind dungeons, with enemies of course, but there for puzzles i need ideas, which i dont have and i cant find any partner to work with me, since everyone who started just bailed after 1 day, without any real improvements.

Last edited:
Level 14
For screenshots click on zuka's picture in description (there are 29).

Yes that armor disappears, because of series of my mistakes, but i made that item only to make spiders easier as much as it is possible, den bosses are designed to not require that armor. Sorry for that, if i start reconstructing first chapter i will change that armor to be permanent. But anyway after those bosses you will start as hero, using different types of items.

Now i am going to upload advanced version of suna and aragnia :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought that testing is finally over, so i removed secrets of dark jade as visible first time.
Now, since its fully working, only updates will be to make first chapter less boring. Some jump or sneak abilities and such obstacles, or maybe some riddles, if someone provides ideas..While updates for second chapter will be based on boss fights. And finally, when its all done, ill consider expanding campaign as Zuka took over rule over suna's land risen an army and went to kill Kazin or something like that or something totally different, ill think about it when it's time comes.
Once again, thank you for playing.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Level 1
no need for making that item go to other chapters :)
by the way spells are awesome even u could power up 1.st a bit. since its not doing much dmg later on but that mana regen effect is really good stuff :D
and u should lower the cost of 2nd spell cuzz when u pump it up to max lvl u have less max mana than it requires or u could just increase int gained per lvl up. Next u should put building that produces troops which attack the base whis way u just need to destroy towers and kill units and they dont spawn anymore except from the portal. it would be more logical like that :) acctually i didnt need any units on that map since i destroyed 2 camps before 1st wave and spammed grunts at enterance so i can go with zuka to other 2 camps XD
it was easy so i w8 like 12 mins since enemies spawned only from portal XD

msg to the guy who didnt get mitulas spear. go get it :D it's a nice weapon.
now off i go to play next map:D

edit.
there is a bug. if u kill zanus or shadowdancers before taking quest u cant compleate it. and potions arent stacking :/<-- forget about zanus and shadowdancers. just that bracelet is really small and it is easyly hidden behind debris XD

Level 14
edit.
there is a bug. if u kill zanus or shadowdancers before taking quest u cant compleate it. and potions arent stacking :/

Now i have to check that quest, but im positive that i fixed stacking of potions and updated it. Maybe you still have older version, in newer versions Aragnia and Suna are scripted better, hex mark on ground is showing at lich boss, potions stacking, better drop rate at chests, trap materials placed everywhere in last map. And chapter one is different, no need to cross maps, terrain is better, removed raptor mount, rocket is now at fort kula, you should download it again.
Also items models are scaled and more glowing is added.
I hope you will see my comment before you continue:/

Level 1
lol nvm :D
i just finished it XD
but i think its too easy :D make it harder. much harder.
i finished at lvl 27 with 3k hp and total of 140 dmg including bonuses.
this earth version of hero is just overpowered after lvl 10
by the way i dl-ed it 3 days ago

Level 1
you could expand that deff the base map. there's alot off free space. you can also make dungeons as one entry only so if u fail u fail like a boss :D

Terrain: 3.5\5
Pretty neat, but i suggest u to change the tileset of the first chapter and add some fog on it. And in some areas it's sorta flat.

Spells: 2.5\5
Modified default spells, I'd prefer to see custom ones.

Systems: 3.5\5
Nice systems, but some of them are very similar to Earthsong III map. Also, stop the running anim from the tiger when it don't moves.

Cinematics: 4\5
Kinda nice.

Music: 5\5
Great choice of music, gj!

Final Rating: 3.7\5

Overall it's pretty good and interesting, just it needs some fixes and it's okay.

Level 14
whoah! Finally someone commented :)

Thank you.
Okey terrain, i will make some changes, tho i prefer to skip chapter one it is just introduction to game.
Yes indeed, spells, i will replace stormcaller's last spell and add some tomes for warden. Afterwards i might add new char with better spells, since i dont feel like i want to dig all triggers again to edit spells :(
Cinematics are getting removed slowly :/ replacing them with floating texts
Musics, a ye im still getting better music, for upcoming chapters :)

Thank you for commenting, i will consider all those points and improve campaign

Last edited: