• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Boolean: Unit in Region condition doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I want a unit to be only able to trigger trigger if that unit is in a certain region. I used the Boolean function Unit in Region = True but for some reason that condition does not work! What am I doing wrong?

Level 4
Here's the trigger:
  • Mount
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Mount (Dummy)
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Triggering player) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
          • (Region 000 <gen> contains (Casting unit)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Unit-type of (Casting unit)) Equal to Elite Knight
            • Then - Actions
              • Set MountPlayer1Knight = (Casting unit)
              • Set LocTempKnightPlayer1 = (Position of MountPlayer1Knight)
              • Game Cache - Store MountPlayer1Knight as MountHero of Player1Knight in Hero1Red
              • Game Cache - Save Hero1Red
              • Unit - Hide (Casting unit)
              • Unit - Create 1 Elite Knight (mounted) for Player 1 (Red) at LocTempKnightPlayer1 facing Default building facing degrees
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Debug - Knight Saved
            • Else - Actions
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Debug - Unit Type f...
        • Else - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Can't mount here
I've posted this trigger before but now I want it to be that the casting unit is in a certain Stable region.
Edit. I should probably remove those Cache actions since it's not working properly.

Level 4
There is nothing wrong with the trigger per se. Which debug message pops up? Make sure you're dealing with the correct region and ability.

Debug messages:
Can't mount here
Debug - Player or ability fail

Edit. It was the wrong region... :$ Now it works, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.