• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bongo.blp

The stag really is one of Warcraft's most fun models to skin. It can be turned into a huge variety of awesome ungulates without horrendous amounts of effort.

Here's the Bongo, an antilope from tropical Africa. Can be used in Sunken Ruins or Jungle maps. I think the shading on this one's much better than that on the Fallow Deer and Gazelle (Once again: the plain neck isn't my fault, it's the wrap!). Oh, and an update to the gazelle skin is coming soon, as well.

Icon's coming sometime or another.

Please give credit if you use this fella in your map, thank you.

Keywords:
critter, stag, deer, animal, game, wild, ambient, bongo, antilope, rainforest sunken ruins, safari, horns, ungulate
Contents

Bongo Antilope (Texture)

Assets
Reviews
16:41, 1st Oct 2009 THE_END: I like this alot, critter skins are always awesome to see. Very original idea, though the neck could use some sort of fur instead of a flat color. I'll approve but I do hope you update that neck
Status
Not open for further replies.

M

16:41, 1st Oct 2009
THE_END: I like this alot, critter skins are always awesome to see. Very original idea, though the neck could use some sort of fur instead of a flat color. I'll approve but I do hope you update that neck

Haha, fastest approval ever.

The plain neck you see in the unwrap isn't used at all in the actual wrap, the wrap uses a tiny part from the main body part, so tiny that I can't do anything to it but make the front of the neck darker than the back, which I have done. As much as I'd like to improve the neck, it's pretty much impossible.

Really nice skin. I think this is the best of your skins for the stag, it has the best shading. It's a shame that Blizzard did such a bad wraping on the neck for this model...
But keep up the good work!

im not famaliar with how skinning works, but cant you just use free hand and add texture to the neck?

If he wanted to do that, he had to change the wraping of model itself, because the wraping of the model specifies which part of the skin is shown on which part of the model. So if just a very little part of the skin is streched over the whole neck part he can't do a lot to change that.:sad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.