• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BoneSpear

Another request, i have nothing to do with this but i don´t want to delete it so uploading is the best option. I think i might have overdone it with the glow, not sure. None of this is scratch made, simple geomerge, all ingame textures and if in case you are wondering, i did not touch the texture, the spearhead is from the mammoth, enjoy and stuff.

Updated: Added some particle effects and fixed some stuff.

Keywords:
Bone, Bonespear, Boneleg, dogbone
Contents

BoneSpear (Model)

Reviews
08:37, 3rd Jan 2011 General Frank: This missile is rather boring with now. In fact this is just a pointy rod with some glow on it. I recommend you to add particle and ribbon effects to it to make better. I would also make the spear disappear...

M

08:37, 3rd Jan 2011
General Frank:

This missile is rather boring with now.
In fact this is just a pointy rod with some glow on it.
I recommend you to add particle and ribbon effects to it to make better.
I would also make the spear disappear in the death animation instead of not displaying it in the animation.

4th January 2010
General Frank:

I will approve this right now, but I would like to see this thing updated with billboarded glow planes and a ribbon effect.
Works in-game.

Em!

Em!

Level 24
From the screen shot, this model looks great and useful for "Diablo" based maps. Nice size as well :)
Though the original one had sort of ringed ripples as it moved... Not sure if you could model that though...

I don´t have too :)- http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-166664/?prev=search=bone%20spear&d=list&r=20

The one who requested the model might have been inspired by diablo but never mentioned the game and i had forgotten about diablo one, so made my own version of what i thought a bone spear should look like, made out of bones and added a glow, then later ghostly particle effects, it was never based on diablo ones.

Level 11
It is indeed a very sexy missile.
But in the screenshot it looks very messy when having so many models using the missile.
I'd say change screenshot: having 1 unit instead of 7, using the missile.
Other than that, good work.

Level 3
Marvelous missle, I'll dl it and create a custom upgrade "rune arrows" using this missle :)

I'd give it a full review but I don't think it's required anymore.
Also I'd rate it as well, but I'm not 10 days old yet.