• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bone Armor White

Reactions: deepstrasz
The next item in the set; this is attachable to some barbaric guy's chest. I know it's not the best preview, but you can at least tell what the model basically looks like, and I hope this will be useful to people out there.

I know it looks frail and stretched in the preview, that's just because of the aspect ratio on my monitor making in-game screenshots look odd. I'll attach it to a torso in the model viewer and take a screenshot there sometime but not right now.

The teamcolored and nonteamcolored versions are separate because I plan to make shoulders for them which will be included as portraits, attachable separately.

Thanks to HappyTauren for letting me be inspired by his Skeletor!

See the teamcolored version here: [thread=222599]Bone Armor Teamcolored[/thread]

Update 09/12/12
--Significantly improved wrap

The pack is up! Check out the [thread=223860]Bone Pack[/thread] for a convenient download!

Keywords:
bone, armor, chest, torso, barbaric, item, cuirass
Contents

Bone Armor White (Model)

Reviews
02:28, 13th Sep 2012 HappyTauren: Looks good enough in game.

M

02:28, 13th Sep 2012
HappyTauren: Looks good enough in game.

Wrap might make the model look messy from the far distance

Actually, it looks perfectly fine from a far distance. It looks bad in the screenshot because of my monitor's aspect ratio stretching it. But I will admit the wrap could stand to be improved, it just looks even worse in the stretched preview.

Edit: I improved the wrap, it should look better. But the preview will still stretch it.

Last edited:
Wut texture did you use on this?
Just the skeleton's chest texture?

No. Believe it or not, I haven't used skeleton bones or skeleton textures on the bones in any of my models. I've used parts of mammoths, and sometimes even stone textures from gates that I manage to make look like bone. All of my models are UV wrapped by myself. (Except for a couple of my very first simple attachments, those had wraps from in-game)

Of course, if you were curious enough you could open my models up in a model editor and see what textures they use, but you should be able to tell even from the preview that the regular skeleton's chest doesn't look anything like this. The in-game skeleton chest is just a brick with a rib cage painted onto it.

Btw, I'm not just saying this to make you feel bad about your comment. I'm saying this for the future, so that you don't make other people feel bad by asking things like that which could make them feel insulted. Just open a model and check its textures before you say something equivalent to an accusation of model ripping.

Last edited: