• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bombing the Moon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I saw on NatGeo that companies and wealthy people are buying portions of the moon. Like, it's basically being auctioned off by some people who print of deeds and such for the moon. I think it's retarded because no one owns the moon. No one has conquered it, because there is nothing to conquer. It's basically giving money to people for property that doesn't exist.

Level 12
Just like having a star named after you.
Great I need a electron telescope to see it. Now what?
I saw a funny clip on a show about buying a star once. They heard about how one planet was made of pure diamond, so they decided that when technology improved they would travel there and see if they were lucky. (Flight of the Concords, pwns you!)

Level 12
Who owns the moon? Does like someone own it, or can I conquer it someday (That WILL be me!)

The US likes to think they own it, with the following as support. Ahem... "WEZ LANZ DER FIRT, IT RZZ!!!11"

If they want a giant piece of rock that *may* be suitable for a colony, by all means, take it. But the UN will not aprove when they say no to China moving in

Level 34
The US likes to think they own it, with the following as support. Ahem... "WEZ LANZ DER FIRT, IT RZZ!!!11"

If they want a giant piece of rock that *may* be suitable for a colony, by all means, take it. But the UN will not aprove when they say no to China moving in

I propose we build our own spaceship and colonize the shit out of that rock.

Level 24
lol, I got out my old telescope to try and see it. I felt like such a kid when I didn't take it out fast enough, and I didn't see a thing.

Level 31
nasa has a classified document that is when the moon was blown up, various pieces of high-tech components were blasted off and a huge hole was created, a whole command center of much more advanced technology than ours was found
here is proof
v2yakm.jpg

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Wait, wasn't it so that no one actually saw the impact? So they weren't sure they actually hit anything at all? That was the case yesterday at least..

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I saw it.

Binoculars, all it was was a little poof

Oh, 'cause two (three?) days ago they said on the news that NASA had launched missiles/rockets/whatever towards the moon, aiming at the south pole (I think, where there is little to no sunlight and therefore more likely to be water .. don't know why, but there's probably a logical explanation) .. at that time, all they could do is predict that the projectiles that were hit loose by the weapons would be thrown 10 km off the surface, that there would be a crater and they hoped to see water in that crater. They had already hit, but they had not seen an explosion, the crater(s) weren't found yet, and there was no sign of water.

Though I haven't been following the news, and it doesn't really interest me a lot, so they probably confirmed it by now. Any water?

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

To me, they sounded convinced they'd actually see water. Not by looking at the spectrography only (of course they'd need to do that in order to prove it).

Level 12
Thats very lame to blown up the moon.

Better to destroy Sun, it is creating its own nuclear materials in its core for 4 bilion years, US goverment should care about it. Sun has biggest nuclear plant in our sector, and it is not afraid to use it!

Level 6
I haven't read the article/link that was posted in this thread, but I however read like.. 2-3 years ago about NASA planning on launching a sattelite that'll orbit the moon and launch a high velocity projectile towards one of the poles and use some high-tech gadgets to analyze the thousands of tons of dust that whirls up in search of water particles.
Apparently it's for future mars landings, to have a nearby source of fuel (water).

Didn't realize it had been done already. I've been waiting for it for years, and then I forget to pay attention.. :cry:

Level 15
No, I just wrote the chemical name wrong, first one would be HO2 which I don't think can chemically exist. Maybe a H- and two O- can do it, but :/ H- is hard as hell to get. It is like trying to force two positive ends of Neodymium magnets together with chopsticks

Level 12
Yes, we would all be better off without the sun as well.

Who needs warmth anyway? We'll be jsut fine when we freeze to death in seconds. :p

Why not blow up Pluto while we're at it? It's rather worthless anyway...

Actually, we'd have like 7 minutes of warmth, then freeze instantly. And if it blew up, we'd probably be sizzled first.
And without even a single planet, our tides might change slightly, but especially without the moon.

I hope we blow up the Al Quedas first, before we go universal.

Status
Not open for further replies.