• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bomberman Model Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Anyone have Bomberman model?

I need one for my map :grin: (done, only need this model I'm asking for)

Helps will be appreciated :wink:

imagesop0.jpg

(Without the Bomb... of course...)

Last edited:
Level 2
Thx ^^

Just need the animation "Stand", "Walk", and "Death"

> btw, your name looks familiar.
Maybe you came from the same BNet Region as me >_> ?

Level 9
Thx ^^

Just need the animation "Stand", "Walk", and "Death"

> btw, your name looks familiar.
Maybe you came from the same BNet Region as me >_> ?
awesome that shouldn't be a problem! :D
i'll throw in an attack animation because i'm feeling nice and i kinda tend to feel that the attackless animation models are a bit on the lame side haha.

I think it's from Tribute but i'm not sure....like, the old forums.

Level 9
Here's what I got so far.
I'm pretty much done except I may add his eyebrows in as separate faces instead of a skin.

I'll UVMap and rig him tomorrow and hopefully get him animated.
hope you like so far.

crits/suggestions please.

by the way, it's running at 417 polys now, not too bad I guess.

Attachments

• BOMBERMAN_2.PNG
    BOMBERMAN_2.PNG
    16.8 KB · Views: 242
Level 9
No intersection, just one plane. With a ball texture and alpha, of course.

Make it point forwards in Milkshape, and give it its own bone right in the centre. Then in the MDL, add "Billboarded," to the bone, and huzzah! It'll always face the camera.
ooh sweet ok!

Two more questions:
what should I uvmap the planes to? - scratch this one, i'm assuming you mean I need to create a ball texture :p haha
and by facing do you mean make the actual plane face forward, or a side of the plane?

thanks a bunch!
+rep

Level 9
Its own bone, child of whatever will actually be moving.

A billboard bone should have no keyframes; so if the hands require to move independently, yes, give it as a child of an actual bone.
Last question then, does that mean I need to animate using "Operate on Selected Joints Only" or what?

thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it

Level 9
Hmmz, RDZ, what in all poop is that program? It looks like MS3D, but haven't ever seen the [Left, 1, -4024, 4024] interface before..
--donut3.5--
Window -> Show viewport Caption (in Milky)

Updated model:
Any suggestions for the UVMap??
I know the skin sucks, I honestly have no real clue to enhance it any because Bomberman isn't very detailed himself...

I have him rigged too, so if you have any suggestions please let me know in the next couple minutes so I can change before animating... (and like I said, I'm about to start animating).

By the way RDZ, those are planes for the hands/antenna : )

Edit: I updated him just now a little bit. I messed with the chest/arms mostly, so he looks less squarish now.

Attachments

• BOMBERMAN_3.PNG
    BOMBERMAN_3.PNG
    13 KB · Views: 1,153
Level 23
I'd actually suggest you do no skinning at all, and build it from White.blp and geosetanims plus colour (except the eyes, of course; Black32.blp); this isn't a Warcraft-style enterprise, so you can probably get away with it. Though such reliance on WC3's shoddy lighting engine could be dangerous.

Level 9
Well I almost have the walk animation done, and it shouldn't take me long to get this model finished so expect sometime around this weekend, since I'll have plenty of free time.

Edit: Finished animating, exported fine. Now I'm messing with collision shapes/attachment points, should be done early tomorrow!

Update: I finished animating, got it exported, have good selection and stuff, but the problem is this:
In Warcraft 3 Viewer, the planes show up great. The ball is showing, and it billboards. It doesn't alpha it for some reason, but the skin itself is alphaed.
So I import it into Warcraft 3, and everything looks great. Bomb actually looks like he's throwing it.
But, the thing is, the planes show up black for some reason...

For testing purposes, I tried to change a hero icon to the ball.blp and it showed up as it was supposed to, alphaed and pink...
So, does anyone know what's going on??
This is the only thing keeping me from it's release.

thanks,
ES

Window -> Show viewport Caption (in Milky)

Updated model:
Any suggestions for the UVMap??
I know the skin sucks, I honestly have no real clue to enhance it any because Bomberman isn't very detailed himself...

I have him rigged too, so if you have any suggestions please let me know in the next couple minutes so I can change before animating... (and like I said, I'm about to start animating).

By the way RDZ, those are planes for the hands/antenna : )

Edit: I updated him just now a little bit. I messed with the chest/arms mostly, so he looks less squarish now.

Omfg, that bomberman model is fucking awesome !

Level 9
Hey here it is finished.

Special thanks to BlinkBoy for helping me fix a texture problem and compressing the model.

I'll post an updated version of the skin so it won't be as big when I get home.
The actual skin of Bomberman is about 80 kb or so....It really needs to be resized.

REUPLOADED ON DIFFERENT POST:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=599933&postcount=126

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.