• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blue Wild Elekk

This was the first model I made that I had submitted, however, I was using my original account, Gnome_Bot, at the time. The texture was a piece of crap, so Kimberly, as nice as she is, decided she'd revise it. So here it is!

Special thanks to Kimberly for the texture and Cavman for helping me with the decay animation.

DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE THIS ANYWHERE OR USE WITHOUT CREDIT.

Keywords:
Elekk, Elephant, Animal.
Contents

Blue Wild Elekk (Model)

Blue Wild Elekk (Model)

Reviews
00:45, 1st Apr 2009 Dan van Ohllus: Lovely model and great addition for the warcraft mods. Approved.

M

00:45, 1st Apr 2009
Dan van Ohllus:
Lovely model and great addition for the warcraft mods. Approved.

Level 8
Smaller sized version

I had the same dilema as a lot of people posting here. I wanted this model, for my map Draenor RISK, but I couldn't justify importing such a large model. So, I tried just using the skin over a mammoth with some success but it wasn't usable. I then made a request that someone make the skin, on a mammoth, usable and CloudWolf was nice enough to answer that request. Here is the result, picture and download for anyone wanting to use an imperfect Elekk, that is 50kb big, but is also very passable.

96706d1295832202-texture-fixes-elekk-skin-improved-elekk.jpg

View attachment ElekkBlue.blp

*Note: The skin is, I think, better suited for maps that used a zoomed out camera, like Draenor Risk does, so that the flaps on the Elekks side look a little more natural.

ALL CREDIT FOR THE ORIGINAL TEXTURE GOES TO KIMBERLY

ALL CREDIT FOR THE SKIN EDIT GOES TO CLOUDWOLF

I hope this is as useful to you fellow hivers as it was to me! Also, I am well aware of its flaws, like how it was no trunk in the portrait, but for 50kb you really can't complain in my opinion.