• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Melee] Bloodsail Hold (Cityscape/Sunken Ruins)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
bloodsailorfort.png

Description:

From Wowhead:
During the events leading up to and following the Third War, several criminal organizations appeared in Azeroth. The Bloodsail Buccaneers appear to be one of these organizations, originating from the Bloodsail Hold on Plunder Isle and is where their ruler, Duke Falrevere holds court.

Concept:

After I found that there aren't many pirate-theme melee maps, I decide to try an make one. I didn't want to end up with Sunken Ruins-with-pirates, so I used an unusual set of tiles - Cityscape/Sunken Ruins, using Cityscape as the base tileset. Also, I used an unusual set of doodads - coming from Cityscape, Sunken Ruins, Ashenvale and Village.

Then I realized it's not pirate enough, and decided to make some changes to the creeps (custom creeps), and graphical changes to the races (mainly to the humans). But before I do this, I'd like your opinion if the layout is good.

Features:
2 Goldmines and 2 Expos (with a lot of gold, but likely to be changed).
4 Green Creep Camps, 6 Yellow Creep Camps, 2 Red Creep Camps.
Number of neutral buildings.
Unusual Layout.

bsfort1.jpg

bsfort2.jpg

bsfort3.jpg

bsfort4.jpg

Attachments

• Bloodsail Hold.w3x
    109.7 KB · Views: 53
Status
Not open for further replies.