• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blood Raven's sketches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys!
I recently got a graphics tablet and I've been (ab)using it since to draw various sketches and stuff and I thought some of you might be interested (to see how much I suck). I know that many of them have wrong anatomies and whatnot, but I'm still learning that stuff, so keep that in mind.
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited:
Nice stuff mate! Try adding color for your next piece! :D
Thanks! I'd like to learn the anatomy properly before starting to work with color though.

Here's a horrible attempt at a perspective figure, where even the anatomy went wrong:
full

And a little less horrible attempt at a dynamic pose:
full

As you adequately said in your interview, daring to suck is the only way to improve. So here I am, more daring than ever :D

Last edited:
full

Here's an ambitious attempt at coloring and finalizing a piece. While the comic-art style looks neat, I don't think it's my style so I'll be trying out other stuff for future color attempts.
I tried to give the pose a more dynamic feeling by adding direction and perspective, hope I didn't screw up the anatomy too much because of that :D

full

Here's an ambitious attempt at coloring and finalizing a piece. While the comic-art style looks neat, I don't think it's my style so I'll be trying out other stuff for future color attempts.
I tried to give the pose a more dynamic feeling by adding direction and perspective, hope I didn't screw up the anatomy too much because of that :D
Yesss. More of this!!! :D

Level 28
Oh nice thread. I like the fact that, even though you're always drawing characters with similar shadings and techniques, you're still always trying to make small experimentations with ideas, shapes, postures, angles and stuff. That's a good practice. You can experiment more and try imitating some anatomy studies too.

I like the colored one! The coloring is very pleasing to the eye. His posture is a bit weird here and there (looks flat), but it's not fatal. Keep them coming! The more the better :D

Status
Not open for further replies.