• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Blizzard DOTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I'm betting it'll be great and I'm quite excited to have new models made available for the rest of us editor users. I've never been good at AoS style maps (although I made a badass one back in warcraft that I never released), but DotA always rubbed me the wrong way. It's never been balanced correctly (even after its seemingly endless versions) and at its inception it was quite poorly made (obviously that's no longer the case).

I played SotIS twice, but never really got into it. SC2 hero mechanics are pretty crummy (I assume that'll change between HotS and Blizz-DotA).

Level 16
lol, i played dota since the times where i could select the dummies, and cast another spell from it, and where he still uses locust swarm with a diffrent model as an ultimate xD.

yes, its poorly made and imbalance when it came out, now it isn't poorly made anymore, but it is still imbalance up till now.

Level 16
i got a game where my bara's charge gets disabled completely,
when i charge a unit, i saw a dummy called "Charge Dummy Unit"
the charge fails when it counts to 4, he didnt run,

and after that,
he can never charge again,
the charge fail instantly if you cast it on a unit, the cooldown still shows, and it cost mana,

i reported this,
and now in the latest version bara charge is reverted back to how it was before lol,
charge without count 1 to 4.

i don't know what happened but seems like icefrog's triggering still fails here and there o.o

Level 17
i got a game where my bara's charge gets disabled completely,
when i charge a unit, i saw a dummy called "Charge Dummy Unit"
the charge fails when it counts to 4, he didnt run,

and after that,
he can never charge again,
the charge fail instantly if you cast it on a unit, the cooldown still shows, and it cost mana,

i reported this,
and now in the latest version bara charge is reverted back to how it was before lol,
charge without count 1 to 4.

i don't know what happened but seems like icefrog's triggering still fails here and there o.o

Icefrog is a real coder, he know what he's doing, it is just that you sometimes make mistakes.
That is why real games out there have huge debug teams.

Compare DotA to most games out there. Almost every existing game that is made by a small crew (or 1 person) have lots of bugs.

Ohh well, this is the wrong thread to tell people how much you think IceFrog fails.
He have achieved what almost every modder wants. A very popular map that has reached the stage where its popularity can compete with official games.
That in itself is a hard task, and man he have worked hard to achieve it.

Level 20
i am just saying thats one fatal mistake he did there,
i cannot use one of my skill on that one game forever, what if it happens on competitions?

Dont worry about that. Bara doesnt fit into that category. Or thats what they like to say even thought he is currently out of control.

And yeah the Charge is nowadays instant so you must have been playing old version and only stable maps are played in tourneys.

Status
Not open for further replies.