• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Blander questions URGENT HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have download andstarten to make a models with tutorial of Blender(free) nad Ihave seen the next page of the tutorial, and I have seen over the good example of models type, that there isn't the method of install the animation of the model (stand,walk,attack etcera for wc3.) but close to my stage of the tutorial there is only the animation basic of the model...ex: a hat can move with other object.
This is link for blender http://www.blender.org/

Now I have many questions:

1-This program is just for make model for wc3?

2-Someone uses this program for modelling?

3-There is a page of tutorial where there is write how put the animation for the games?

4-I have wrong program? Someone can write to me other good program for make models wc3 FREE? :sad:

I have tried run gmax but today as today is not more FREE :cry:. requires code activation with registration.

Thx

Rubber

You actually make all of the animations on one timeline, then when you finalize your .mdl, you make a number of animation sequences like Stand, Attack etc. and each sequence has a starting and an ending point on the original animation timeline. But note that Warcraft 3 is using 1000 fps, while most animation programs use 24 fps, so you'll have to use math to calculate the real starting point and the real ending point on the timeline, Warcraft based.

If it's hard to use blender, I suggest trying out Milkshape.

Status
Not open for further replies.