• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blackhand, The Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 39
Announcing my next model: Blackhand, The Destroyer!

I'm in the modelling phase right now, done very soon. So far, I'm liking the result.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• blackhandscreen1.jpg
    blackhandscreen1.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 2,064
  • blackhandscreen2.jpg
    blackhandscreen2.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 1,674
  • blackhandscreen3.jpg
    blackhandscreen3.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 1,539
Level 21
blackhandthedestroyer.png

Well anyway it looks good so far man and I'll be excited for the future release of it.
There was already a Blackhand model, but the model you are doing is WAY more epic and well done so yeah.
You know what else? I play on the Blackhand Server for WoW. HERp....

Level 39
So, texture is coming along nicely.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Not quite done yet. I'm still wondering on wether to make the black belt TC or just make a texture.

Yeah man ! Good Job ! :) Is it scratch made ? how many pollies ?
Is Blackhand for Warcraft 1 or 2 ?
So you though what I've said ? Wanna help me edit warcraft 2 models ? we could make a team !

Scratchmade (Or actually based on my other models Durotan/Doomhammer which are scratchmade)

With the axe he is 647 polies.

I guess I could help you with the WC2 models. I'm gonna need unwrap templates if I'm gonna texture though. Or did you want help modeling too?

Are you redoing animations as well?

Attachments

• Screen1.jpg
    Screen1.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 11,845
  • Screen2.jpg
    Screen2.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 8,177
Level 17
@Tauer:
I guess I could help you with the WC2 models. I'm gonna need unwrap templates if I'm gonna texture though. Or did you want help modeling too?

That's my weakness...I really don't know how to render UV Templates, I mean I know how to unwrap basically, I've always used ingame textures...I'm using Max 2010...The modelling part I don't need help, thanx I got it, it's just these parts that are time consuming.

Are you redoing animations as well?

Yeah of course, I'm almost finished modelling and I'll get right to rigging.

omg Taur you are the man, may I make a suggestion though? Blackhand, in all concept art I've seen, is HUGE in girth, like, he almost looks like a green ogre xD

He's right, Blackhand looks more like a fat guy than an orc although the has green skin and orc traits. He's almost as build up as the Beastmaster.

Level 39
@Tauer:
That's my weakness...I really don't know how to render UV Templates, I mean I know how to unwrap basically, I've always used ingame textures...I'm using Max 2010...The modelling part I don't need help, thanx I got it, it's just these parts that are time consuming.

You mean you don't know how to render the template? Because that's easy. Or do you not know how to unwrap the model?

omg Taur you are the man, may I make a suggestion though? Blackhand, in all concept art I've seen, is HUGE in girth, like, he almost looks like a green ogre xD

He's right, Blackhand looks more like a fat guy than an orc although the has green skin and orc traits. He's almost as build up as the Beastmaster.

Yes, I did actually make him bigger than the average orc. Don't wanna make him too bulky though, the novels never did depict him as a fatty.
I think most people think of him like this because of all the custom models made of him that are based on the Beastmaster.

I mean, the only official concept art I've seen of him is this:

Warcraft1-black-hand-leader.jpg

And while he does seem bigger, he certainly isn't as fat as many modellers have portrayed him.

Level 17
You mean you don't know how to render the template? Because that's easy. Or do you not know how to unwrap the model?
I don't know how to render it optimized for you to draw easier...cause I don't know you will understand where everything goes.
I've tried somethin here they are:

Front/Back Body:
View attachment 105564

Front/Back Arms:
View attachment 105565

I've separated the arms from the body for animation purposes...

Last edited:
Level 39
I don't know how to render it optimized for you to draw easier...cause I don't know you will understand where everything goes.
I've tried somethin here they are:

Front/Back Body:
View attachment 105564

Front/Back Arms:
View attachment 105565

I've separated the arms from the body for animation purposes...

First, you should remember to unwrap everything on one wrap.
So the model should be done before you unwrap.

Also, I would stitch the front/back arms together on one side. You would avoid too many ugly seams.

For me to know where everything goes, you should just send me the both the template and the model. That way I can texture and test it afterwards.

Level 7
Looking good Tauer... Can't wait to see the final result. Also one last thing will this model have a run animation?? Your Doomhammer and Durotan only walk i was wondering if this will be the same??

Status
Not open for further replies.