• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Black Armor Footman

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
I'm working on a project that involves a faction of humans that have a sort of darker theme to their armor/clothing and I've been playing around with some options but ultimately decided to re-texture a footman with some of Garithos' armor and Edmunson's shield. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, as this is my first time creating a custom texture for a model. Let me know what you think.

Also thank you to Mr Ogre Man for helping me get the custom texture to appear properly in-game!

UPDATE: 11/30/2020 - Created Icons BTN/DISBTN
Previews
Contents

Black Armor Footman (Model)

Black Armor Footman Icons (Icon)

Level 3
I would dig other ''black'' models like a black crossbowman (perhaps based on Mr Ogre man's Arbalist :ogre_hurrhurr:) really gives out a gothic/dark/renegade based human faction!

I would dig other ''black'' models like a black crossbowman (perhaps based on Mr Ogre man's Arbalist :ogre_hurrhurr:) really gives out a gothic/dark/renegade based human faction!

I am eventually going to make a priest-type unit with this similar black theme. We could definitely use more human ranged models. I want to try to make models that suit the project I'm working on, but I'll give it some thought and see what I can come up with.

I usually go to world editor, set the ground texture to hidden, hide the grid, add some doodads, like torches, so the face is lighted up, press Windows+shift+S, get really close and take a capture of his head. It looks better than in Retera.
Then it's just setting the right angle, adding borders and making it look nicer. I'm not a great icon maker, though, but they look well enough ingame.

This is an example:
gnome.jpg

Level 18
After trying the model, I wish the other "grayer" part would be teamcoloured as well!

I find him looking a bit weird color-wise when not set to the "Coal" or "Black" color.

In any case, it's great, even in that state :)

Last edited: