• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Birdland

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Straze
Inside of a WC2-style metal Stronghold at the center of Zethgol, (large village in the Tanaan Jungle) the Deadeye family is sitting down to dinner in the back kitchen.

KRAHL: Dinner is served!

KILROGG: What is this garbage?

FATHER: It is called salad Son. Greens and other such foods are better for you than raw meat.

KRAHL: Don’'t call my food garbage Brother! I harvested all of these leaves myself.

KILROGG: Haa! What are you now? A peon?

FATHER: Kilrogg! You will mind your tone when speaking to your brother.

KILROGG: What part of this salad did you kill exactly? (picks through it with fork) I do not see even a scrap of something resembling meat...

KRAHL: Well, there isn'’t any! Father has forbidden us from going out hunting.

KILROGG: What is he talking about, Father?

FATHER: There have been strange sightings in the jungle, Son...

KILROGG: What strange sightings?

KRAHL: You should just listen to him, Kilrogg! He is our Father. He knows what he’s talking about! Usually.

KILROGG: Well this time he does not! Sorry Father. But there is nothing in the jungle to be feared. We are mighty warriors, and it is our way of life to---
the
The dinner is suddenly interrupted by a loud demonic shriek echoing from off in the jungle.

RRRRRARAAAAAKANISHU!!!!

Krahl is startled and drops his fork. Father starts coughing. Kilrogg pushes his chair back as he gets up out of his seat, moving towards the back window of the Stronghold. He glares out over the fence and trees toward the wilderness.

KRAHL: What the hell was that?!

FATHER: (still coughing) Kilrogg. Sit back down and eat your dinner, Son.

KILROGG: What do you mean sit down?! You are going to pretend you did not hear that noise?

FATHER: It is safer for us to remain here inside Zethgol where it is safe.

KILROGG: (drawing sword) It is safer for me to hunt down whatever that thing is and slice it to pieces!

KRAHL: (getting up and drawing axe) Count me in too Brother!

RAKABASHAHAKA!!

KILROGG: No Krahl. You stay back and guard the Stronghold.

KRAHL: You really wanna face that thing by yourself?

FATHER: Son, you do not know what.... (starts coughing severely)

KILROGG: Dabu! Do not fear, Father. I shall slay that beast and drag it back here so we can a have a real dinner...

TORANADODANARARAA!!! RAKA HUAKBAR! CHUPACABRAKAKAKA!!!

Zoom across jungle to the source of the noise which is RAKANISHU!! He is attacking random plants and ripping them to pieces in the middle of a jungle thicket. He cackles madly with laughter. Spotting some mushrooms Raka rips them off the ground and stuffs them into his mouth, chomping and snarling. He giggles to himself and stares up at the night sky, grinning and drooling. His pupils start to grow.

Suddenly a noise causes him to whirl around. Standing a few feet away is an ARAKKOA, carrying a large staff. The Arakkoa caws something at him then clucks several syllables of his own langage. Rakanishu stares back curiously, tilting his head. Raka’s pupils are enormous. The bird approaches him slowly and caws another time in curiousity. Rakanishu slowly growls, then snarls his own name and springs toward the bird.

There is a terrified squawking noise. Feathers and blood go flying.

Rising from the shadows Rakanishu holds up the staff. On top of it is the Arakkoa’s severed head. Its eyes are glowing red and its beak is open in a final screaming expression. Rakanishu stares up at it and cackles insanely, then shrieks his own name again at the top of his lungs.

Throughout the jungle darkness random sets of glowing eyes appear and crazed CAWWW noises start echoing into the Tanaan sky
Contents

Birdland (Map)

Reviews
Paillan
Please make that description more like as description and less like a script for a theater... also, add screenshots as rules say, unless you have a good reason not to.
Level 2
This is the rough draft version! Some things to be added later:
Character dialogue and more story elements
Bort's voice will be changed from Shady Orc to Guard Orc
Ahriok Dugru's unit will prob be changed and her voice will be changed from Succubus to Female Orc
Rakanishu's voice will be added as well as the Raptor Bird Staff
Proper credits for the HIVE members who created the custom units!

Last edited:
Level 2
Good thinking!

Eventually there will be a short vid of still frames with voices like in the Warlords Expansion to WOW. But I want to make a couple of levels before I go in and do that on Adobe.

Bort should be able to have some screenshots later this weekend!

Level 2
Back now! For the last few months I had to focus on real life and finishing film school. But now I can get back to creating other things!

I really want to add dialogue to parts of the level like there is in Diablo 3. That is the main way I am planning to tell the story. I can do all 4 of the characters voices from the 1st level, but I don't know how to get it to play dialogue at specific pts. I assume it involves Regions and Triggers, but this is the part of the Editor that I have never been able to figure out. What is the best way to teach yourself how the thing works?