• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BETA Testing - Advanced Melee BGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I am working on a new style of Advanced Melee called Big Game Hunters. If you are not a melee player, this map is probably not for you. Currently, my map is a recreation of Twisted Meadows, but I will soon be porting my gametype to other maps like Gnoll Wood, Marketplace, Friends, and more! Also note that the AI is not great, and the computer will not work if you set them to NElf for some reason (not sure why) but this is not intended to be played in single player anyway.

This is a new map that is a work-in-progress, so it is not complete and there may be bugs but, I will be updating things. I have not finished with all of the features I would like to add, because I am not an expert map maker and I could use some help on certain things. I have been playing WC3 since the day it was released, and I played WC2 before that. I understand the basic strategies and meta of playing melee, so I have tried my best to retain a similar feeling of balance in my new BGH map. But I have also changed quite a lot.

I hope players think of BGH as an advancement, sort of like an expansion pack. The intention was to make WC3 feel fresh and exciting again, without removing any aspects of the classic gameplay. If you are a melee player, you should be able to jump right into a BGH match and play almost the same as if it was a standard melee game, but this is very much a bigger style of play.

If you are interested in testing out my map, I would love to get some feedback and criticism (if need be). Right now things are designed for 3v3, so it is best with 6 players, but you can still play 2v2 or 1v1 or even FFA just like normal. The reason it is a 3v3 is because I have added a new player to the classic Twisted Meadows. The 3rd member of each team will only be able to train a hero, if you have ever heard of the map LT3C its very similar, and like I said I will be increasing the maps to be 5v5 soon. I just wanted to start small.

I mainly play on USeast and also W3Arena. If you play on a different server, I could switch over to USWest or Euro. I would love to watch people play on my map, so I can see how well it is balanced. If you happen to play a good game on my map, please save the replay and send it to me!

I try to host the map occasionally, but it is difficult for me to host a lot of games. Hosting custom games on Bnet can be problematic, I don't know why blizzard has made things so difficult. So I recommend using ENT Hosting, you can find my map by searching BGH at this link here:
ENT Gaming - User Control Panel - Login - click "Add" then go to "Click here to Host a game" though you may need to create an account

Or you can download it under my post here, and remember this is a WORK-IN-PROGRESS so I plan on adding a lot more once I am certain things are balanced :) I also included a set of (optional) custom hotkeys and a replay

Attachments

• CustomKeys.txt
    287.5 KB · Views: 71
  • (6)BGH-TwistedMeadows-v077.w3x
    2.1 MB · Views: 82
  • bgh 001.w3g
    244.1 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
So, I played this and here are my comments :
  • Liked the concept, but the current execution is lacking. I'm aware it's WIP, so I expect more in the future.
  • For one, I really recommend grant the Hero only player some sort of advantage to mitigate the no troop policy.
  • The fact that you add some supportive skills in addition to the main list is impressive.
  • You should get more creative abilities into the fray.

Level 6
So, I played this and here are my comments :
  • Liked the concept, but the current execution is lacking. I'm aware it's WIP, so I expect more in the future.
  • For one, I really recommend grant the Hero only player some sort of advantage to mitigate the no troop policy.
  • The fact that you add some supportive skills in addition to the main list is impressive.
  • You should get more creative abilities into the fray.
Thank you, did you watch the replay? or actually play it?

• I plan on making a 5v5 version soon, any suggestions on what I could add??
  • I'm not sure they need any more advantage besides gaining gold, the support heros gain gold when leveling up but builders do not
  • I wanted to add some more spells, but kinda newbie
  • There are actually quite a few new heros I added, if you watched the replay you probably didnt see many of them :)

Level 6
I plan on adding more heros, but I've been frustrated with naga not working 100% :(

check out the replay to see it in action!

Status
Not open for further replies.