• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Beta sandbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
There is a patch that allows you to play starcraft in sandbox. Without a beta key. There is no enemy, but atleast you can build all units and buildings.
I have a decent comp, but it cant handle more than Medium video setting. (Dual Core 2.4 , GeForce GT 9600, 4gb DD3 ram)
Ive played for over 2 hours, build every unit, building and upgrade and must say, this is going to be AWESOME. I couldnt stop imagining what i could do in Galaxy Editor. So awesome

Edit: There are even maps where you can play vs AI
ReEdit: Hundreds confirm that there are no malware attached to the file what so ever.

Sandbox released!
Launch SC2 first to update it to the latest version.

Get it here:
http://google.com

Maps with AI! (Use them with the fix above)
http://google.com

For some reason, I cant take a screenshot. When i paste it, the screen is just black. So i took a picture
Pepper.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 22
Let me explain things. I will start that linking it or anything related to it is forbidden, the same as linking cracks and other crap.

For this thing, I will say - those who did it extracted this part of the game that loads a selected map, thus no main menu screens before you load. Viruses: I use AVG IS 9.0 (paid) by far the best protection as it is not even the free AVG. As some sites claimed, it gives a false detection. My Resident Shield prevents me from starting that application and detects it as Trojan Dropper. What is the proof that it is not a virus? Answer: That you don't see all other applications and exe files such as the windows system files infected. Viruses infect all your exe files on all drive, this is only detected and does no harm. One can had disable the Res Shield so that AVG doesnt prevent me. I know AVG because I used to work for them...

It gives you opportunity to play maps you load. Until yesterday, you could only play vs yourself, aka no opponents. Since yesterday you can play vs computers, as people did cool things: they made AI versions of all maps! Yeah but computer was really retarded, one could OWN a COMP with just 3 Stalkers o_O. Boring much? Boring until today when someone made AIs that you can paste in your SC II folder. The result? The result is that now you play vs computers that are HARDER than war3 computer insane, should I say unbeatable?

Level 5
Do you even know what a virus is? A trojan at best.
Anyway, there is nothing attached to this. It works perfectly

well lets see, i download this, click on it, norton opens and starts doing a scan and finds 25 new infractions that needs be removed. weather i know what a virus is or not is not the issue, you are posting maleware on here and its against the rules.

Level 13
Norton is known for hating almost anything. I would know *looks down at Norton.. watching me... constantly..*

Level 22
lol.
yes its hard but you can adjust the difficulty level (with different versions)

LOL, I read the Blizzard forum, it looks like everyone is doing that :p

Those were unbeatable - CPU gets like more minerals or so, masses me 10 Battlecruisers after I stop his earlier attacks, Zerg also masses units that greatly outnumber me. They are saying version 4 the AI doesnt use extra resources, cause that was no real training for real players :p

Level 9
Don't mind craw he's just a troll under the forum bridge, that or he really doesn't get why Norton is hardly used (because Norton is the anti-virus troll of anti-virus programs). There are no viruses included with the linked downloads, just a false positive that may show up.

Level 23
Afaik, linking to a torrent site such as thepiratebay with the implying to get the sandbox for offline gaming is not following the siterules?

What makes this illegal? It is a loader (3rd party programs is not supported by Blizzard) to a game which you most likely don't have a legal license for.

Yeah I'm just stating facts. Other than that I don't really care.

As for your printscreen issue, go check your user folder/my documents/starcraft 2 beta/screenshots

Level 22
Yeah you were not supposed to post links about it here...

Other than that I wanna let you know there is a 2.0 version of that program. The program is NOT a Virus but a false alarm. Viruses infect all your files such as windows system32\ files, this does nothing like that. And all I had to do was disable the Resident Shield of my AVG IS as it prevented me frm starting it. The new version 2.0 doesn't even detect it as a virus!

What's special about the new version? That it lets you play the latest version that you have of SC2 beta, that means with the balances made, cause that 1.0 launcher was only launching the 1st SC2 version without the balances and now it's launching whataver version is latest! Just search for the AI scripts that can make CPUs harder and yet not cheating, and you'r set!

Status
Not open for further replies.