• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Best Nintendo Gamecube game

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fun to watch Bowser tear Pikachu apart

Pikachu owns bowser. Bowser is brute force. Pikachu as some of the best non-charged atacks in the game. In hyrule temple, the terrain is almost completly in favor of pikachu (he can keep using thunder on the grounds above him). You dont understand brute strength is meaningless if you can't hit the target, do you?

Anyway...my favorite game is...humilating to say...I have to go with my second favorite, Sonic mega collection (All hail dr. Robotniks mean bean machine!)

If you meant favorite nintendo game PERIOD, then it would easily be Mike tysons punch out!!. Thats "Mike Tyson's punch out!!", not "punch out!!".

I've only played following Gamecube games:

Mario Party 4 (demo-disc)
Super Mario Sunshine (iso on a W.I.P Emulator...too laggy and weird glitches)
Super Smash Bros Melee (iso on a W.I.P Emulator...laggy, but compatible)

And the best is Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Matt540 said:
It's fun to watch Bowser tear Pikachu apart

Pikachu owns bowser. Bowser is brute force. Pikachu as some of the best non-charged atacks in the game. In hyrule temple, the terrain is almost completly in favor of pikachu (he can keep using thunder on the grounds above him). You dont understand brute strength is meaningless if you can't hit the target, do you?

Depending on how good the "Player" of Bowser is and the difficulty of the opponent, Bowser can pwn Pikachu. Same thing if Peach owns Samus. :wink:

I don't have any favorite character though, but I mostly play as Peach.

Matt540 said:
Anyway...my favorite game is...humilating to say...I have to go with my second favorite, Sonic mega collection (All hail dr. Robotniks mean bean machine!)

It's not humiliating having a disc of nostalgic collections. I have lots of classical games in my computer (Nes/Snes/Sega/C64/whatever...), both legal and *cough*illegal*cough*.

Matt540 said:
If you meant favorite nintendo game PERIOD, then it would easily be Mike tysons punch out!!. Thats "Mike Tyson's punch out!!", not "punch out!!".

Bah! The only difference in Mike Tyson's punch out!! is that you face Mike Tyson instead of Mr. Dream.

It's not humiliating having a disc of nostalgic collections. I have lots of classical games in my computer (Nes/Snes/Sega/C64/whatever...), both legal and *cough*illegal*cough*.

Im not afraid to admiting I like classic games. I like classic games better than the new games coming out. Its kinda...the game is slightly kiddy...I'll pm you if you promise not to laugh.

Same thing if Peach owns Samus.

I don't have any favorite character though, but I mostly play as Peach.

Like me!

I am very good with peach as well...Id have to say shes my second best character. How? VEGGIE!!! Not saying to VGsatomi, I mean vegetable, the turnip thing. And the parasol and c-V.

Pikachu is better though

Bah! The only difference in Mike Tyson's punch out!! is that you face Mike Tyson instead of Mr. Dream.

Exactly...and the Mike tyson glitch was removed. It made it even harder.

Ki

Ki

Level 7
Super Smash Brothers is probably the biggest reason people bought a Gamecube. As for favorite characters, I prefer Ness, Ice Climbers, Link, and Samus.

Runner up is Soul Calibur II, but they made that on the other systems so I'm not too sure if that counts.

Mario Party series is good, just the concept got old after the first few, even though the mini-games may have improved.

They better make a system link port for Nintendo Revolution. It really would be cool to hook up a game like the sequel to Super Smash Brothers up with 8 players.

Level 1
I wouldnt know what my favorite one is, but if i had to choose. It would probably have to be... hmmmmm
Zelda Windwaker, even though it was the worst zelda out of all the zelda games.

Level 2
I would say Samus or Sheik are the best characters in Super Smash Bros. Melee. However my favorate Nintendo Gamecube game, would be Metroid Prime 2: Echos. So there's your awnser, children.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
My favorite?

SUPER SMASH BROS MELEE!

Its fun beating Characters into a pulp with GANNONDOR!

Eck. Shadow the Hedgehog is a rather bad game

YES!
Since when did shadow need a GUN?
Hes the ultimate lifeform!
Ultimate lifeforms do not need guns!
Also not a single human has noticably died in any of the sonic games I played.
It sounds so rubish I did not even bother to get it.
Since when has Dr Robotnic ever been killed!!!?
You guessed it is in "Shadow the Hedgehog"
For crying out loud Dr Robotnic never has died eventhough hes been threw ALLMITHTY explosions.
He even survived the almighty crash down god knows how high in the EGG VIPER in SA1 while it was exploding.
He even survived a direct encounter with chaos the god of destruction.
All this infomation I got for Shadow the Hedgehog was from gamefaqs.com so it might be wrong.

Sorry for the this ramble about Shadow the Hedgehog.
Just im no fan of violence.

Level 5
Mecheon said:
Eck. Shadow the Hedgehog is a rather bad game

Dr Super Good said:
YES!
Since when did shadow need a GUN?
Hes the ultimate lifeform!
Ultimate lifeforms do not need guns!
Also not a single human has noticably died in any of the sonic games I played.
It sounds so rubish I did not even bother to get it.
Since when has Dr Robotnic ever been killed!!!?
You guessed it is in "Shadow the Hedgehog"
For crying out loud Dr Robotnic never has died eventhough hes been threw ALLMITHTY explosions.
He even survived the almighty crash down god knows how high in the EGG VIPER in SA1 while it was exploding.
He even survived a direct encounter with chaos the god of destruction.
All this infomation I got for Shadow the Hedgehog was from gamefaqs.com so it might be wrong.

Sorry for the this ramble about Shadow the Hedgehog.
Just im no fan of violence.

You two said Shadow The hedgehog is a bad game...
Well... Yes, it is the worst game of the Sonic series ever made (I think), especially the dubbers for all of the characters. But I still think it has a good story and it is cooler because of the `Chaos Blast', `Chaos Control' and the music of course! :D

About the GUN, you don't need to use guns to defeat every single enemies, Shadow just use anything that he can use to defeat his enemies, example : You can use lantern or a sign to defeat the enemies.... :)

Eggman killed???
I don't think Eggman is killed. But i don't know either... Let just see the next series of Sonic and see if there is an eggman again. :wink:

Shadow killed a single human??
When?? I don't see shadow killed a Single human. Shadow just hurt them with his homing attack or other attacks. :roll:

Sorry if i have mistakes about what I say and sorry if i used a bad english (I can't speak english well) :D

Level 25
Shadow The Hedgehog said:
Well... Yes, it is the worst game of the Sonic series ever made (I think)

Nope, still held by the Gamegear games. Sonic Labrinth lololololol. The glory days were Sonic 1, 2, CD, 3 and Knuckles

The music of course! :D

Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles has amoung the best music from a sonic game IMO. Much better then Shadow's music. Also, Sonic CD, in both versions, was particularly nice

In summary, Shadow the Hedgehog had some good ideas, but had bad ones as well. The graphics were some of the best Sonicteam have done, but when you add that it was, rather then the run-around shoot-everything action I would expect from such a game, a run-around do-missions one involving only certain certain things which will always attack you even if you're helping them, with slow, horrible vechiles and bad camera angles, I don't really think its a great game. It has its ups, and it has its downs. Many downs

Level 5
Mecheon said:
certain things which will always attack you even if you're helping them, with slow, horrible vechiles and bad camera angles, I don't really think its a great game. It has its ups, and it has its downs. Many downs

Yeah, I'm with you about this.

The bad idea in Shadow The Hedgehog game is.... the vechiles. Its allright if Shadow uses guns to fight, but he doesn't need a vechiles cause he is faster than the vechiles, more faster than the vechiles....

Level 3
Super Smash Bros. was the best game

and omfg falco is the best. his fast. he can jump the highest(single jump, if not kirby then jigglypuff), he is heaps powerful. all those traits mean victory. I do agree the only way to win is with speed and agility and quick reflexs. Ness is also great. I used to like roy but his too slow. same with link. Heh the funny thing is that on the last arena thingies i think it was like level 50 or something i killed mewtwo, evil bowser, and gannondorf with jigglypuff.

Level 22
the only games I like for gamecube r the ones that r ripped from playstation II or X-box, except metroid and super smash. that is really a damn cool game. u know there is a new smash coming out for game cube revolutions?

ps: Probably most of u know this, but with zelda (in smash) u can get this claw on his hand when u jump and then do some stuff in the air, dont know excactly, google it

Level 5
-My personal favorites are Resident Evil 4, Paper Mario, SSBM, SC2, and Tales of Symphonia.
-Shadow was not a bad game. The guns do not slow you down if you know how to use them properly. (Some of my fastest times in the game should show that if any one wants to see them.) From my experiences, the targeting system is like a cone that extends from Shadow's eyes, with each weapon having its own range modifier. The system has problems in close range (I'd say up to 3 body lengths away), but is reliable at medium to long range, something I'm used to playing with since my character of choice in Soul Calibur 3 is Siegfried. I've found that the best way to deal with a stuck camera is usually to jump a few times. It usually does the trick. Something that very few people notice about the game are some of the subtile improvements made such as some lines of rings leaving a gray trail you can still dash through as a way to fix problems with blue shields and light dashes and the improved rail switching physics. (They were awful in SA:2 and SH). The vehicles sucked, there's no argueing that. For the record, Eggman lives, and in the final story, he explains why Shadow is not an android.

Status
Not open for further replies.