• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BelladonnaPlant & BelladonnaBerriesItem

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
this another one of my contribution-stuff for Doodad Makers. As some of our dear THW-members seemed to like my Mandrake plant, i thought of making more toxic nightshade plants. I promised them to make a Belladonna (a.k.a. Deadly Nightshade, Atropa belladonna) too, and here it is! Take it from your Uncle and give it to the assassins, witches, alchemists, etc. in your map/campaign to increase the potency and deadliness of their poisons and potions! Have fun with it!

EDIT 1: made the berries black, as this makes them resemble more the real belladonna berries. Besides that, they look more vicious in black than in purple. ;-)

Keywords:
nightshade plant, poison plant, atropa belladonna, belladonna, deadly nightshade, toxic berries, poison item
Contents

BelladonnaPlant & BelladonnaBerriesItem (Model)

BelladonnaPlant & BelladonnaBerriesItem (Model)

Reviews
17:28, 7th Apr 2012 shamanyouranus: Too simple of a model for how huge the poly count is. Some tips on what to improve: -What's causing the huge poly count is the leaves and the berries. The berries don't need to be that detailed. No one's going...

M

17:28, 7th Apr 2012
shamanyouranus: Too simple of a model for how huge the poly count is.
Some tips on what to improve:
-What's causing the huge poly count is the leaves and the berries. The berries don't need to be that detailed. No one's going to see that they're perfect half spheres. Blockier berries would look just a good and reduce the poly count by a lot. You could also use a billboarded plane. The leaves are also too complex, I suggest using a different leaf texture that lets you use transparent to get the smooth edges without the high poly count.
- The leaves look far too repetitive on the plant version. On one of the stalks, they're in perfect columns, which looks really weird. Some variation in the size, shape, and placement of the leaves would really help.
- The mesh of the plant stalks is really really simple, and looks extra bad when the high poly leaves and berries are on it. Work on that.

The item version looks good, but still suffers from the berry and leaf poly problem. Should be approvable if you work on some of this stuff.

Moved to rejected until updated.

All moderator have just been kidnapped! I think that's the reason for pending flood!
niah, i think Frankster is the only one who left us.....the others are still here, but i don't know how active they're and if we have currently a mod in charge.... Obviously we don't, as there're soooo many pending models. :goblin_boom:

Would be a useful doodad.

It actually contains 2 files: the plant model as a destructible doodad and the item, especially made to fit to the plant. :wink: i also have a mandrake plant, the same concept and way of use. A poisonplant model as destructible doodad + an item, in that case a mandrake root. :wink: