• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Belated Greetings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello! My names Ben and while my account has been online for a while, i haven't really participated in the community at all, just browsing models skins and maps. But since i started skinning myself (still practicing) i have decided it would probly be a good idea to start getting involved. So yeah... hello...

Level 7
Hello, Ben. Welcome to the Hive Workshop Modding Community! Its alright that you haven't been participating in awhile as long you come back as soon as possible. :grin:.

Also I am very interested that you want to be a skinner. If you are gonna be a skinner, you'll earn some good things. So work hard, try hard, do your best, and if you don't know how to do skinning just ask an expert skinner to help you.

Good tidings, and good luck to you, Ben. :thumbs_up:

Level 32
Welcome to The Hive Workshop!

Greetings Pray_4_Dawn. Thanks for participating in our community: the Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders of all skill levels among its users. Veteran members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.

The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.
  • A few other tips that might help too:
    • Always search first! Did I already mention THAT? :grin:
    • When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.
    • Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.
    • If all else fails, just send me a private message! I'll try to do whatever I can to help.

Level 4
WELCOME BEN! its good your finally taking part in the community ive just recently done the same also, and if you dont mind could you give me pointers on making skins? like good programs to use, how to make the skins and etc. i havent even started but i want to make skins, seems like my xcalling :) thanks HAVE FUN!

Status
Not open for further replies.