• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Beedrill

15 - Beedrill

This model was made in order to keep the lowest filesize possible. That's the reason why it lacks some shading and etc...
It is squished. The model itself has 13KB after imported to the map, although that doesn't show properly.

WARNING: The freehand texture named emotion.blp contains many types of textures that all pokémon models will share. If you download another pokemon model, be sure you overwrite the last emotion.blp you had with this one. If your pokemon models aren't showing properly, download it again and overwrite emotion.blp.

If you use it in your map give me credits for it. Check this thread's first post for more information.

Do not distribute this model anywhere without my explicit permission.

Keywords:
pokemon, beedrill, insect, bee, fly
Contents

Beedrill (Model)

Reviews
12:58, 7th Apr 2009 Pyritie: Texture's a bit meh but it's approvable.

M

12:58, 7th Apr 2009
Pyritie: Texture's a bit meh but it's approvable.

Cool model 5/5 man!
thanks!

really nice. I really like the animations.

But I´m sure there would have been a way to use ingame textures for it :>
but considering that you will use this texture for many pokemon it is ok.

5/5 because it´s main use will be for pokemon/anime maps
yeah, but if i did i would have split it into many geosets, raising the filesize...
so theres no problem on using 11KB texture. the eye has no suitable in-game texture as this.
thanks for the feedback!

Level 16
Actually i think it is good that he used that one custom texture, since it will be hard to make like the eyes Pokémon-like without one, and since it is used for all of the Pkmn (which will be alot) it's k <(^^,)>

Now about the model: Great job on keeping the size low! The animations totaly fit the beedril and i like how you not only used his drills but also his 'tail' thingy (dunno how to call it! >.<)

Actually i think it is good that he used that one custom texture, since it will be hard to make like the eyes Pokémon-like without one, and since it is used for all of the Pkmn (which will be alot) it's k <(^^,)>

Now about the model: Great job on keeping the size low! The animations totaly fit the beedril and i like how you not only used his drills but also his 'tail' thingy (dunno how to call it! >.<)
thanks mate!
it is called "Sting", my friend :wink:

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Low size, good model, the eye is now at the correct dimension... I have to congratulate you for you model, great job!

And, by the way, what tools you use to make your models? Maybe I can learn and try to make some... Less work for you, at least.

Nice animations you got there but the wrap looks bad in my opinion, you gotta fix on that.
ok, it is your opinion, but I must save filesize, so I didnt make the best shading in the world, I use only a 16x16 square to fill all the yellow parts, and it looks quite ok, warcraft III engine gives some shading to the models as well, i cant try to make a masterpiece of beedrill and make a 100KB file, for its custom texture.
also, pokemon models are cartoonish, all cartoon themed models can lack some shading or texture quality.

015.gif

reputation_neg.gif
Beedrill
reputation_neg.gif

Give me credits for making this model! ;)

It is squished. In Import Manager it will show as 40KB model, but the truth is that the size consumed is around 13KB.

Visit my Pokémon Model Gallery
I believe this is the most I could do to keep it good enough and low-filesize.
I "squished the model", so when it is imported;

In Import Manager it will show as 40KB model, but the truth is that the size consumed is around 13KB.

But if you know a way of further compression, it is welcome.