• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battlefront Arena

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents

Battlefront Arena (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Hello new melee mapper! Due to a bug his map was didnt appear among pending melee maps until recently, so I didnt notice it. Though tbh I probably wouldnt have reviewed it much early anyway. About the review: There's not much sugarcoating it, this...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Hello new melee mapper!
Due to a bug his map was didnt appear among pending melee maps until recently, so I didnt notice it. Though tbh I probably wouldnt have reviewed it much early anyway.

About the review: There's not much sugarcoating it, this map is very basic. Maybe it was a lot of work for you, but the unfortunately this map violates a lot of "rules" about good melee maps, for example:
1. Way too much empty space.
2. Not enough creeps.
3. Random chances for items of different level.
4. Incorrectly placed starting position, causing the map to default to patch 1.07.
5. Not even a shop or a tavern.

These are just some examples, the list is far from complete. If you want to know what is important about melee maps, you can find some useful links in my signature. Or just look at blizzard ladder maps.
In additon the terrain and visuals have nothing special at all about them. In fact, there isnt even a single doodad except for trees.
Therefore map set to useful/simple, which I'm sorry to say, still feels like and euphemism.