• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Basic Item Models: Net (Ensnare) - Arrows/Quiver with arrows - (two) Daggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi! I'm looking for some droppable item models for my new map. I searched the whole internet, but can't find them! So I'm asking if someone would like to make them! :)

I'm looking for these models:
1: An item model of a net, it could be based on the ensnare target attachment model.
2: An item model of a bundle of arrows or a quiver with arrows.
3: An item model of 2 daggers. I have a attachment model and a throwing knife model. It could be based on that one.

I would be very happy with just simple models! I dont need models with animations or something. Would be cool, but is not necessary.

Any help would be really appreciated!! :D

cheers!

Level 5
i can find bundle of arrow, as a proof, its on my HD, look for a little longer,
and u could use blizzard net model. i dunno abt knife. xD

Thnx for your reply

Where did you find the bundle of arrows model then? Dont you mean the bundle of LUMBER model?

And indeed I use blizzard ensnare model now, but it doesnt look really cool.. So if there is a better one, would be great :)

And I have a dagger model now, but it looks a very 'cartoony', I prefer a realistic model.

I actually made this model a few days ago, and then today I saw this thread.
Use these for now
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/spears-192824/?prev=search=spears&d=list&r=20
Next time I feel like making a model, I'm going to make you a quiver. For now, you can open that model up in Magos' Model Editor, make the scale from the center of mass 0.6 X, 0.6Y, 0.6Z, and it should be about the right size for a quiver, possibly smaller.
If you don't feel like rescaling, simply ask me and I'll re-scale it for you for you to use until I make a quiver.

Level 5

hey man sorry for the late reply

but i'm still looking for these models. it seems that your arrows models where removed again? would you please upload them again? would be great!! thnx

Sorry about that, my computer got messed up by the hurricane, and I had to replace the power supply.
I'll give you a pastebin link to my quiver models. You should have downloaded them earlier, though, because I linked them five months ago.
I removed all of my resources two or three months ago due to an incident.
Edit: Here's the pastebin link for you:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=66c7x1

Level 5
Sorry about that, my computer got messed up by the hurricane, and I had to replace the power supply.
I'll give you a pastebin link to my quiver models. You should have downloaded them earlier, though, because I linked them five months ago.
I removed all of my resources two or three months ago due to an incident.
Edit: Here's the pastebin link for you:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=66c7x1

Woah perfectly!! Thank you very much!!!!! +rep!

you're right, i should have downloaded them earlier, but i got very busy with some other things back then, so i stopped map editing for a while

lol yeah i forgot to, I immediately started the world editor to see your models :D

Glad to see that you're actively working on your project. May I ask what you plan to use my quivers for? (besides the obvious purpose of attaching as a quiver)

I mean, are you going to be using them as items in a RPG, or just for attaching to regular units for quivers?

Level 5
Oh, its an attachment! I was looking for an item model (you know, like the treasury chest, but then a model for a quiver)

But I can still use this one, just need to 'move' the item a bit to the right (x axis), I can do that with a little prog I have.

But if you have a better item model (1 which spins and has such sparklings like the bundle of lumber, but with arrows) it will be very welcome!

I use it for my map, where you as an archer have to buy arrows to shoot (or pick them up when you find some - dropped by a dead archer)

Sure, tell me which quiver you're using, and I'll animate it and pastebin the item model.

A hurricane messed up the hard drive with warcraft installed on it, so I don't have the .mpqs. This means that when I work on the model, I won't have the texture files which it uses.
So export the textures that it uses and pastebin them to me please, then I'll download them so I can see my own model while I work on it lol.

Level 5
Sure, tell me which quiver you're using, and I'll animate it and pastebin the item model.

A hurricane messed up the hard drive with warcraft installed on it, so I don't have the .mpqs. This means that when I work on the model, I won't have the texture files which it uses.
So export the textures that it uses and pastebin them to me please, then I'll download them so I can see my own model while I work on it lol.

Great!! I use the arrowquiver3noteamcolor.mdx

How do I know which textures to export?

Hey, dude, actually just upload the textures to hiveworkshop and pastebin them to me, please. Hard drive got fucked up, and the discs are gone, I no longer have Warcraft III.

Just upload the textures which my model uses, and then I'll be able to view it in the editor.

To do this, open the model in http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/war3-model-editor-62876/ and then open the texture manager and export all of the files in that window, should only be two or three. Then upload them here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php and then paste the link of your uploaded files to this thread, so that I can download those textures.

Thank you, sorry for making you wait so long.

Oh, my bad. Sorry bout that lol, and thanks for waiting so long.
I'm having trouble remembering things associated with warcraft, because I haven't been playing games much lately. I still check hiveworkshop occasionally so that I complete things people have requested from me, but I'm really bored with games lately and have only been playing them when I have absolutely nothing else to do.
Plus, hurricane messed up my hard drive and I lost almost all of my games and programs, so I wouldn't have anything to do even if I wanted to go back to warcraft.

Anyway I'm actually going to my mom's house today. Hopefully I'll remember to animate that model for you while I'm there. I am really sorry for making you wait so long for this.
I hope you're still working on your project. I actually still have warcraft installed at my mom's house, and don't need the disc to play it, so one day, if you finish your map, I'll be able to go there and test it sometime. It's 80 miles from my house to her house, though, so I won't go there simply for the sake of a game; I would simply test it the next time I went.

Okay, sorry for making you wait so damn long again.

Anyway, I fixed it. This time I had the game installed, so I was able to test to ensure that it worked. I had to disable shading on one of the layers, because shading on the individual feathers of the arrows will sometimes overlap and shade too darkly to see them very well. It should still look decent, as the texture contains its own shading.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=5si4jt
Here you go, let's hope that it works to your satisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.