• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Basic human sword

This bundle is marked as lacking. It fails to meet the standard requirements and may only have minor use.
Credits:

Magos for his model editor

fingolfin for his exporter

Mythic for tips

Guessed for his MDL/X converter

made with blender

feel free to edit for personal use, credit me

Uploaded
reduced polygon count from 600+ to abit over 200
fixed the poor lighting effect
Changed the texture of the blade and pommel, fixed some lighting issues and extended the grip
Contents

Basic sword (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Good first try model, but it also has some major and minor flaws. Please fix/adjust the following: +600 polygons for such a simple model is way too much. Try to reduce it to about 200 at most. The lightning and wrapping does not look good with other...
Good first try model, but it also has some major and minor flaws.
Please fix/adjust the following:
  • +600 polygons for such a simple model is way too much. Try to reduce it to about 200 at most.
  • The lightning and wrapping does not look good with other attachment models.
  • The shape of the sword does not make sense:
    The handle is way too short and should not get smaller/thinner. It does not fit into wc3.

thread updated, included a changelog, hoping its good now, as always any feedback is invaluable

Honestly? It is worse now. You did not take any of my purposed advice to heart. In fact you made the model, its shading, lighting and wrap worse somehow.
Please take more time in improving it and REALLY make the edit.

Level 2
after looking at it for a bit i think i accidentally flipped the sword the lighter area should be on the top fixing it rn

Edit: Done.

Edit2: IDK why but the polygon count shows up as 486 on hive while its 214 on blender

Last edited:
Level 2
from the game camera angles you cant tell the that pommel(ring) isnt attached, the grip on the other hand might have to specify as im not sure which scale is weird about it, i am aware of the bad wrapping on the grip, although it does look good from game cameras, i want to fix it just havnt found the exact part of an image that i can use for it

thx for the feedback!

Last edited: